Uncle Tom Movie

Klay

Established Member
Not sure if anyone here has heard of this movie but it came out yesterday and I bought the streaming version.

I highly recommend it! It gives a perspective from black conservatives in America and they really do a good job dismantling the narrative that black people are oppressed and that they cannot amount to anything due to racism.

I haven't quite finished it yet. I especially recommend this movie for those that hold the notion that systemic racism is real.

Hearing what they have to say is encouraging to me. Its hard when the media and all aspects of popular culture state I am horrible because I am white and i have some inescapable privilege that gives me an advantage everywhere I go. Hearing these people give a different narrative and they profess the same values I hold dear gives me hope.

You have to go to their website to buy it (via DVD and/or on demand).

www.uncletom.com

It is a politically based movie, so if this topic belongs in the politics section, I understand if it gets moved.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Never heard of the movie but I believe that black conservatives are being targeted from the left and I think it's disturbing. I watch quiet a bit of the videos from Thomas Sowell and he goes in depth to this issue. Also saw a video yesterday of a Dem Senator calling a new bill a "Token" bill.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The MSM will work hard to keep this side of the debate relatively silent. But it needs to be heard. Have people forgotten how the early immigrants came here with little or nothing? With one purpose, to build a better life for themselves, their families, and their descendants. It wasn't easy for them. They encountered prejudices and hurdles, but they strove forward with grit, determination, faith and purpose. They learned the English language, became U.S. citizens, built businesses, worked hard to provide for their families, loved and served their country, and succeeded. Some of the biggest corporations were founded by immigrants. They proved....it CAN be done.

Users who are viewing this thread