UMI Performance Rear LCA vs Maximum Motorsports Rear LCA (1 poly, 1spherical end)?

paradigm

Established Member
I currently have a pair of used UMI Performance Rear Lower Control arms (adjustable length) that I haven't gotten around to install.

1999 - 2004 Ford Mustang Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms [1014] - $189.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

A local deal has come up on Maximum Motorsports MMRLCA-5 Rear Lower Control arms.

Both arms have a poly bushing at the at the chassis end and a spherical bushing at the axle end. However the UMI is also adjustable length.

Should I stick to the UMI's, or move to the Maximum Motorsports?

HD Rear Lower Control Arms, 1999-04, with perch, swaybar [MMRLCA-5] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

I am hoping to reduce the side-to-side rear end unsettling movement my car does over bumps.

BMR Tech

Since neither company is very active, or even sponsors on this site....I may be able to help a little in your choice.

The simple, and best way to pick which arm you use is to research and find out which set utilizes the best quality rod-end.

From what I see, I would personally pick the MM due to is using a true spherical bearing....which is likely from FK Bearing. These are top tier pieces for the price - but you may want to confirm with MM. As for the UMI, they use what appears to be a XMR12, 2-piece, teflon lined rod-end. These are excellent for the price, and are easy to find. Google XMR12 rod-end and you will see that you can pick them up just about anywhere.

We here at BMR, are big fans of utilizing true spherical bearing arms - as they are stronger and higher quality, typically. The engineering behind incorporating a spherical bearing also trumps that of just slapping a threaded rod-end onto a tube.

I'd pick the MM.

Users who are viewing this thread