Ultimate T56 install pics

gmsux

Established Member
Using a promotion clutch package which consists of the stock 03/04 PP a better 26spline disc and a spacer. No complaints with it. My use is pretty mild except for the higher shift point that stock. My cobra is NA and dyno'd 420rwhp/340rwtq and I don't drag race the car so all my shifts are quick but gentle. No mad crack ape shifting here :beer:

Your trans looks awesome to me, I passed up a rebuilt rockland with those synro's for $3500 recently. Maybe next time. Anything to improve the driver input is a plus in my book.

Its not exactly abnormal, but its definitely ill advised. The carbon synchro upgrade probably helps you out a lot, but they dont have the surface area of the triple cone synchros. You're putting a lot of stress on the double cone synchros asking them to match clutch speed at that rpm. What kind of clutch do you have? Light weight, and twin disc clutches offer lower rotational inertia, prolong synchro life, and increase max rpm shifting capability.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Your trans looks awesome to me, I passed up a rebuilt rockland with those synro's for $3500 recently. Maybe next time. Anything to improve the driver input is a plus in my book.

Wish I could have come across that....I'm pretty sure I'm going to toast this thing at the mojave mile. 850 rwhp will probably be good for only 190's I'm afraid. 200mph is probably going to take 950-1000, which is just a few taps on the eboost2, but that will eat the stock teeth right off the mainshaft and input haha. Decisions decisions....Then again, I may just sell this one for about 2,750ish in 12 months and fund the rockland T56. BTW, the car sees 1,500 miles a year right now while I'm away from it, it'll still be brand new, hint hint ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread