UGR saleen

04owmach

Established Member
Is it not? I thought by the details in the video description it was a pushrod motor. It said an isky cam and canfield heads. I didn't think they made modular stuff.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
That is a mod motor. Video says its a 2000 model, last year of pushrod Saleens was 1999. Fender badges on a 1999 S351 are the same as the Mach 1 anniversary edition (aside from the years). S281 Saleens has the 281 fender badges, as this one does in the video.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Wow, so many memories came rushing in when I saw the title of this thread. I remember being a 15-16 year old and sweating over the UGR and CPR Mustangs, and those cars being the center of all the Saturday night meets.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Wow, thanks for posting that up learned a lot in this thread didn't know much about UGR besides the Lambo stuff these days.

Makes you realize how much we take for granted everyone having a 1080P camera in their pocket now though lol. Have to put that in a playlist with the Blades videos and enjoy the nostalgia.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Wow, thanks for posting that up learned a lot in this thread didn't know much about UGR besides the Lambo stuff these days.

Makes you realize how much we take for granted everyone having a 1080P camera in their pocket now though lol. Have to put that in a playlist with the Blades videos and enjoy the nostalgia.

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it!

stangfreak

Established Member
yea this video brings back many memories. I always had a soft spot for saleens. I will own one some day. I remember in 03, I saw a sonic blue saleen at one of our hang out spots. Had the regular gt hood. so I asked the owner if it was n/a. He smiled and popped the hood. The car ended up having a 2003 cobra motor inside. I bought my cobra in august of 03 and I saw this car before I had mine. The guy was in the military and said his buddy worked for ford and got him a 03 cobra crate motor. returned from service and did the motor swap. Back in 03, that was the shit. 03 cobra motor in a saleen. That was the ultimate setup for me.

HandBanana

Established Member
WOW. Thanks for posting that up guys, that was awesome. Definitely a welcome trip back to the past. 1320 videos was just getting going at that point. A T-66 Supra today is a joke, that's sad.

byeofcr

Established Member
WOWWW i remember that being one of the first videos i watched on this site.. blast from the past.. still just as awesome now as it was then..

the only video that i like more from that time period is the long island guy asking the guy in the 03 cobra "whats that whhhinin? the supachahgaaa?"

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
the only video that i like more from that time period is the long island guy asking the guy in the 03 cobra "whats that whhhinin? the supachahgaaa?"

Lol, can you find that? Have to love Long Island had an S4 driver asking about the whine after a failed attempt at putting the stupid Mustang GT in its place. (Had a black Cobra swapped GT before the swapped BAB V6)

Users who are viewing this thread