UFOs/Aliens on film

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Lockheed's Skunk Works jets are the best (except for the F35), but I have a favorite...

View attachment 1637627

yea, 62 years ago the blackbird was drawn up. Just look at basic consumer tech advancements in the last 10 years.... pffff unimaginable whats at the top nowadays.

This guy likely has the best photos in existence
U-2 Dragonlady Photos - Extreme Ross Photography

My girlfriend and I stopped by an old house my family used to rent and the landlord was there and he remembered me so we started talking and he told me that his son in law is a U2 pilot which I thought was pretty cool. I imagine that has to be a pretty small group of pilots that fly those. But how come they are still using the U2 but not the SR71?

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
My girlfriend and I stopped by an old house my family used to rent and the landlord was there and he remembered me so we started talking and he told me that his son in law was a U2 pilot which I thought was pretty cool. I imagine that has to be a pretty small group of pilots that fly those. But how come they are still using the U2 but not the SR71?
$

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
The U2 is more modular and able to linger, the SR71 was as bad as a damn satellite in regards to 'sitting still'. The U2 is also much cheaper to fly and holds a much larger instrument payload than modern drones.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Yeah, the SR71 was designed to overfly the Soviet Union when they gained the capability to shoot down the U2. Speed was it's defense. The U2 is able to fly over a theatre of combat or area of interest where we have control of the airspace. It can linger on station if need be and it can carry a much larger payload at a higher altitude. Putting an air superiority fighter like the F22 in the area basically means we now control the airspace and can bring in a variety of other aircraft. There's just no need to make high speed single pass flyovers. We watch Russia with satellites and they watch us, but the era of overflights is pretty much over.
The U2 also does a lot more than snap photos these days. It has a lot of fancy gizmos on it that do things that I can't talk about even though as a crew chief, I probably don't even know enough to speak intelligently about them. I just know when we launched a fully decked out "systems bird" we had to leave the hangar when they checked all the nerd stuff so we didn't cook our eyes and/or balls. Lol

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I grew up in a small town just outside Eglin Airforce Base. We had UFO's constantly popping up there. One turned out to be the Stealth Bomber doing night flights. I have no idea what these are but if you think we are alone in this you couldn't be more ignorant. To think we are the most advanced in existence would also be ignorant. Would I be surprised if they are here...NOPE. I feel we are still in caveman days at times...we damn sure could be compared to others.

Last edited:

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Wouldn't surprise me at all if ET is already here, but meanwhile, where are all the high-def videos of ET UFO's? There should be plenty. After all, every freakin' human being on the entire planet now has a high-def video recorder in their hands at all times.

Of course, ET is probably real damn good at stealth, LOL, so they could be walking among us right now and we might not even know it.

-

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Lockheed's Skunk Works jets are the best (except for the F35), but I have a favorite...

View attachment 1637627
That, plus
Screenshot_20200505-100936.jpeg
and
Screenshot_20200505-100856.jpeg

Equals.....

Screenshot_20200505-100915.jpeg
Screenshot_20200505-100924.jpeg

National Embarrassment.....

My photos, screen shots only because it wouldn't up load the files.

I was at the Central Forces Museum back in 2017.

ajaf1656

Established Member
National Embarrassment.....

How's that embarrassing? We were flying over them for years. They knew and couldn't do shit about it until Gary Powers went down, and there is still speculation about the incident. The fact that he didn't follow protocol as a CIA agent is what was embarrassing.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
How's that embarrassing? We were flying over them for years. They knew and couldn't do shit about it until Gary Powers went down, and there is still speculation about the incident. The fact that he didn't follow protocol as a CIA agent is what was embarrassing.
That's my point. They came out publicly accusing us again of spying, violating airspace and being dirty capitalist pigs...

We denied it...

Then, here's Gary Powers... Alive and well in Soviet custody...

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Wouldn't surprise me at all if ET is already here, but meanwhile, where are all the high-def videos of ET UFO's? There should be plenty. After all, every freakin' human being on the entire planet now has a high-def video recorder in their hands at all times.

Of course, ET is probably real damn good at stealth, LOL, so they could be walking among us right now and we might not even know it.

-

ET just monitors our airwaves no need to reveal themselves

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ajaf1656

Established Member
That's my point. They came out publicly accusing us again of spying, violating airspace and being dirty capitalist pigs...

We denied it...

Then, here's Gary Powers... Alive and well in Soviet custody...

I guess I see the same events from a different perspective. It's not like the US thought we were tricking them by saying we weren't conducting overflights. Sure we denied, but that's like denying a fart with two people in the room. You both know the truth. We knew that they knew and couldn't stop us from doing it. I'd be embarrassed if I were the Soviet Union who was crying about it because they knew their true military capabilities were exposed. The USA was figuratively tea-bagging the USSR on the international stage. Lol

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I see the same events from a different perspective. It's not like the US thought we were tricking them by saying we weren't conducting overflights. Sure we denied, but that's like denying a fart with two people in the room. You both know the truth. We knew that they knew and couldn't stop us from doing it. I'd be embarrassed if I were the Soviet Union who was crying about it because they knew their true military capabilities were exposed. The USA was figuratively tea-bagging the USSR on the international stage. Lol
The point of secret operations is... They are secret.

The reason behind all the hand waving is because if you're claiming to be "the good guy" and are supposedly trying to deescalate and make peace, you shouldn't be going back on your word.

Our aerial surveillance was brilliant and likely helped prevent a war based on paranoia. But this was an embarrassing moment when we realized we had underestimated the Soviets air defense capabilities and they outed us on a global stage.

ajaf1656

Established Member
The point of secret operations is... They are secret.

The reason behind all the hand waving is because if you're claiming to be "the good guy" and are supposedly trying to deescalate and make peace, you shouldn't be going back on your word.

Our aerial surveillance was brilliant and likely helped prevent a war based on paranoia. But this was an embarrassing moment when we realized we had underestimated the Soviets air defense capabilities and they outed us on a global stage.

Thant's an interesting take on it. Like I already said, the overflights were known by both sides. Gary Powers' flight was not the first time they scrambled jets and launched missiles to try to shoot a U2 down. It was a regular occurrence. Publicly denying you are violating a country's airspace doesn't make it a secret, it makes it a lie. I guess you find it embarrassing that they eventually got one. I find it embarrassing for the Soviets, that they knew about it for years and couldn't do anything to protect their airspace. If you dive deep into the Gary Powers incident, there are a lot of interesting arguments made to support the claim that they still didn't have the capability to shoot down a U2. There are a number of people within the U2 community who believe that Powers was at fault.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If real, US pilots aren't giggling like school girls. They would be bringing the rain. Sorry, but that's not unidentified.

That is a negative on all counts. The coolest headed guys in a seat are the fighter pilots.

Users who are viewing this thread