UFC 98: Evans vs Machida

Who's gonna win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I hate Matt Serra. I think he's far too cocky and can't back it up.

Matt Hughes on the other hand....is super freakin hot. Of course I want him to win it. :banana:

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Evans...
Hughes...

Oh... And Fedor is not the Lb/Lb greatest fighter ever...

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Evans/Serra

Rashad will take it to the dragon quickly and with speed he hasn't seen yet

Hughes wants to be on the farm not in the ring, no matter how much he hates Serra, his heart isn't in it anymore......either way I've been wrong before but I'll definitely be watching

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I'm sorry, did I miss the part of the year or decade where he lost to someone?:lol:

Fedor>UFC fanboys and their prize fighters.

+1

Anderson Silva's 24-4 to Fedor's 30-1. That's a win to loss ratio of 6:1 vs 30:1.

Machida/Hughes

I've seen Machida fight twice and both times I kept saying to myself, "holy shit this guy is goooooood!"

Black Sex

Established Member
I think Machida has too much talent for Evans. I hope Machida stops Evans showboating. Machida may run alot but its part of NOT getting hit. I dont care for Serra but like it was said above, Hughes heart isn't in the ring anymore. I wasn't real impressed with his last couple fights. Serra has better stand-up though.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Hate to say it but Evans will not be able to catch Machida. Since you don't lose points for running Machida will win by a decision. In actuality though very little damage will be done to the other guy. Decision fighters = :bored:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
I think Machida has too much talent for Evans. I hope Machida stops Evans showboating. Machida may run alot but its part of NOT getting hit. I dont care for Serra but like it was said above, Hughes heart isn't in the ring anymore. I wasn't real impressed with his last couple fights. Serra has better stand-up though.

Evans does showboat but he also ****ing delivers.

Evans/Hughes

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
This could be the most boring fight yet!!!!
I hate both Machida and Evans but I rather have Evans win as he would be more entertaining to watch defend the title against the others inline like Rampage.
Although a Machida/Shogun fight down the road would be badass imo.
Hughes will beat Serra, the hate is strong with these ones. Plus Serra just had a kid so I don't think he has the fight in him for this one.

Fedor > *

This is pretty easy, the man is devastating, he finishes fights doesn't goof around. He is not about the publicity or anything else, just taking care of business, to me that is the best of the best.
Anderson Silva is not close, his competition is weak and he fights way below his actual weight. I guarantee Silva would be just above average if he was in the 205lb division. Also he is now crying like a little baby because Wanderlei wants to fight him, would a real champion care who he fights......they want to fight the best!!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Fedor > *
Anderson Silva is not close, his competition is weak and he fights way below his actual weight.

Anderson has fought 12 top tens and at the time they were usually top 5.

In Fedors entire career he's fought 8 guys that were top 10 hw at the time. Big Nog, Mirko, and Arona were the only top 5 that Fedor beat.

That said, p4p is just like bench racing. No one will ever agree so why do it?

As far as fight under his natural weight, he's fought as low as 175 a couple years ago at ROR. Nearly everyone that fights below HW cuts weight or they wouldn't be competative.

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Evans is a great counter puncher and Machida is a hit and run guy/Counter striker as well... With that being said if these guys mix it up it should be a good fight, Evans having the edge IMO because of speed, if they are too cautious this could be really boring to watch.

I like Serra better than Hughes, but I give the edge to Hughes due to experience and strength.

Users who are viewing this thread