UDM or PC??

1cbitten

Established Member
I am interested in purchasing one of these machines and would like to here from some of the experienced detailers about the pro's/con's of each one.I have researched them but would like your input of actual use. Also I am probably going to go with menzerna products and pinnacle souveren wax along with a few other items any response will be appreciated.

Almost forgot to tell you that I have never used an orbital machine before and the colors of the cars that they will be used on are in my sig. Thanks

O4COBRA

Established Member
You can't really go wrong with either one really. I just started using my UDM, I have to say the UDM is a better machine. I recently wetsanded and buffed out a Camaro, the UDM cuts right through sanding marks with ease. I've used a PC for years now and love the machine. I've since tried the Rotary and the Cyclo, but I still go back to the PC. Since getting the UDM I no longer have the need for the PC. In your case I would look for a UDM. Unless you can find a good used PC from someone cheap, go with the UDM!

Oh yeah. Menzerna stuff you really can't go wrong. My favorite polish of all time has to be Menzerna PO85RD. The stuff is really impressive. I've never used a product that finishes so nice on dark colors.

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
I haven't used UDM but from everything I've read it is better than the PC. It has less vibration, little better at correction, and just overall more refined than the PC.

If I was going to buy a machine again I'd go with a UDM. However, you can do some marvelous corrections with a PC as well. It really just boils down to how much you want to spend. As for using a random orbital machine they care quite user friendly. They can destroy paint jobs, but as long as you take your time and check your work you'd be amazed! The black and vista blue colors are where you might want to have practiced before hand because you hate do something wrong on those colors.

I've started with Menzerna and I love them. You can't go wrong with them and all of their polishes work great. I'd also try PB SSR also, might be better for starting out instead of Menzerna. Hit up our vendor Scott @ SMP for a discount and great advice. :)

-Ryan

Last edited:

Dixie96Cobra

Established Member
Currently Autogeek has the UDM for the cheapest price that I could find a PC for. I have never owned a PC or a UDM. I have been looking at buying a PC, but know I don't now. Will I be able to start out using the UDM, or should I be able to adapt to the UDM just as well. I am willing to take my time, so it isn't like I am gonna rush it......it is my baby after all.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought since the price was not any different now.

Dixie96Cobra

Established Member
Take a gander at my new purchase.....I can't wait. I got 4 orange pads with the UDM also.

Detailingproducts.gif

Last edited:

Dixie96Cobra

Established Member
I used corvetteforum(don't like corvettes but I will take the discount) and got 10% off. Oh had I known about AGO also........

Users who are viewing this thread