*uck cobras!!!!!!!

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
I swear to freaking hell.... im so daymed pissed off rioght now.. im ready to roll it off a cliff without caring. :fm::fm::fm::cuss::cuss::cuss::nonono:

I've been fighting this abs light, mileage readout, problem for like, 2 weeks now... ive changed the battery. ive changed the alternator. ive checked all the fuses AND relays inside AND outside the car. I duno what else to do or where to start. tired of this pos. I have a 87 crx-si that has 260k miles and only problem is it doesnt have a/c. still barks 2nd gear. no problems. i had to put a clutch in it.. (at 240k miles btw) Cost me 80$. :nonono:
ok..... my fault guys/girls... just hadda vent. :??:

seriously... anybody have ANY ideas??? I put up 2 threads awhile ago "cobra wont start" and "cobra wont start part 2" if u wanta read about the situation... sorry for venting..

Kenny :fm:

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Bypass the cliff and roll it into my garage and the headache will be gone. ;-)
lol.. not yet big fellow...

lol.. no, it runs... but... heres the quick version..

drive the car. park in driveway.. turn the key off.. wait 10-15 mins go back to the car, and get in... the abs light, mileage readout, and the shift arrow are halfway lit and the gas gauge is still reading like normal. now,.. before u ask... THE KEY IS NOT IN THE IGNITION when i get back in the car... its like the gauge cluster NEVER shuts off.. when i try to start it.. it turns over.. just wont start.. i gotta turn the key on, then back off... then back on to start the car. pisses me off..

Juruense

Banned
Sounds like CCRM or ABS or PCM. Quit messing with it and take it to a stealership for diagnosis. The one I go to only charges $35 for diagnosis.

And it is not fair to compare a Ford to a Honda, trust me I know as I have owned 5 Civics... :rockon:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Yeah a problem like that is going to be related to a "wiring" issue. Someone probably hacked an alarm in there previously and did a shitty job of removing it and jacked up the wiring. Have a dealership look at it. It would have been cheaper to do in the first place rather than replacing all the stuff that you did

GTSSTANG

Established Member
And it is not fair to compare a Ford to a Honda, trust me I know as I have owned 5 Civics... :rockon:

Exactly.. Your Cobra will live a long time too, not modded...

You could alway pick up one of those handheld scanners.. I just bought one to diagnois some issuses with my van... Works great.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
trust me I know as I have owned 5 Civics...

I'm sorry for you. Honda's suck unless they only have two wheels. My wife's 1997 honda accord was the sorriest pos I've ever owned. I'm glad that junker is gone. My 1996 Camaro SS was ten times the car the Accord EX V6 loaded was. Sure the chevy rattled and was loose but all I ever had to do to it was batteries and alternators.

Juruense

Banned
Exactly.. Your Cobra will live a long time too, not modded...

You could alway pick up one of those handheld scanners.. I just bought one to diagnois some issuses with my van... Works great.
Uh no that is not what I was trying to say... Hondas are a ****ing million times more reliable.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The only Honda I ever owned was a 93 Prelude SI. The POS broke a timing belt and left me stranded on the side of a highway. ($2300 later!) It left me stranded 2 other times as well! :cuss:

Well, you know what Honda stands for. Had One Never Did Again!

Tims97SVT

Established Member
relax bro. get a scanner from a buddy or even ur tuner if you have one and see if it has any codes. or roll it into the dealer. Thats not to bad of a problem.

Jroc

Established Member
Uh no that is not what I was trying to say... Hondas are a ****ing million times more reliable.

I disagree a ****ing million times.

I had a 93 Civic DX that was totaled in a accident and I will admit it was reliable as hell, and a very good DD, but then I got a 95 Integra GSR and it was a POS. The motor had a cylinder go out at 124,000 miles. I have known several people with both 5.0 and 4.6 Mustangs with over 200,000 miles on the original motor and still running strong as hell. My dads 97 F150 with 4WD and a 4.6 has over 190,000 and it runs great and the only problem the truck ever gave him was the AC went out at 80,000 miles. He even had someone else change his oil not long after he bought it new and they forgot to put oil in it and he drove it for several minutes before figuring this out, but the truck never missed a lick. One other problem he had was he had it seviced one time and the people used the wrong spark plugs, and the truck started running like shit, but thats not the trucks fault.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
I already have a obd2 scanner.. there is no codes... trust me i know what codes are and in what system they come from. hell i even used my predator to see if it would read anything different... Nothing.
The car has never had a stereo or alarm in it. Im the 2nd owner of the car, my friend that ive known for years prior to the cobra, is the original owner.. hell, i helped but the bassani on when it was HIS car... so, i know where the car has been.

Sorry for comparing Honda to Ford.. somebody mentioned that honda has reliability issues with timing belts and it cost them 2300$. sound like the timing belt broke and u hadda replace the head, belt, water pump, and labor. Hondas have interference motors, (hopefully everybody knows what that means?) the timing belt is listed as a "maintence" thing and has service intervals.... like brake pads that need to be inspected/serviced. Bottom line, My 340$ crx took me to work tonight, to a party, and back home with no problems/questions. the cobra sat in the driveway.

ima make a appt next week to get the cobra looked at. i'll keep everybody posted on what happens incase this happens to anybody else. Sorry for venting again.. im still upset about it. it only has 46k miles.

Kenny

Last edited:

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
I already have a obd2 scanner.. there is no codes... trust me i know what codes are and in what system they come from. hell i even used my predator to see if it would read anything different... Nothing.
The car has never had a stereo or alarm in it. Im the 2nd owner of the car, my friend that ive known for years prior to the cobra, is the original owner.. hell, i helped but the bassani on when it was HIS car... so, i know where the car has been.

Sorry for comparing Honda to Ford.. somebody mentioned that honda has reliability issues with timing belts and it cost them 2300$. sound like the timing belt broke and u hadda replace the head, belt, water pump, and labor. Hondas have interference motors, (hopefully everybody knows what that means?) the timing belt is listed as a "maintence" thing and has service intervals.... like brake pads that need to be inspected/serviced. Bottom line, My 340$ crx took me to work tonight, to a party, and back home with no problems/questions. the cobra sat in the driveway.

ima make a appt next week to get the cobra looked at. i'll keep everybody posted on what happens incase this happens to anybody else. Sorry for venting again.. im still upset about it. it only has 46k miles.

Kenny

there would be no codes in a situation like this. you sir have electrical gremlins in your vehicle. unless your good at chasing and probing wires. take it to the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread