UCA Mount Holes

Zevox

Established Member
So the shop that installed my UCA+Mount put it in the wrong hole and I haven't been able to get back with them to have it fixed so I figured I'd tackle it myself. I hit a little bit of a snag though... I bought a 27mm socket since and planned to hold the 25mm side with an adjustable but the socket won't go on the nut cause it's too close to the body.

So my options now are wrenches or take the whole thing back off I guess? Just looking for advice for the best way to do this. I was trying to avoid buying wrenches so can I knock it out with two adjustable's? If it works with wrenches I can't torque it back to 200ft/lbs so just put a hurting on it and it should be tight enough right, or can you over tighten it?

Lastly, had a question about the pinion angle. I borrowed an angle finder and have looked at BMR's installation guide so I should be good at finding the angle and setting it(but I won't turn away tips on it) but I'll be doing all this on jack stands or blocks or something. No lift in sight for me... Can you set the pinion angle with the rear axle on jack stands but the front tires on the ground? Or do I need to suck my old belly in and put the front and back tires on some blocks to be level?

Thanks a bunch in advance everyone. Ready to knock this out and see if I can hook up better! :banana:

Deranged2013

Established Member
I'd go buy the wrench and torque wrench, or borrow from someone. Taking the mount off will a bigger pain. Taking the over axle part off exhaust off will be a big help and yes you can set pinion angle with the rear axle setting on jack stands. The front tires can hang. Try to get the car level. If you have a one peace driveshaft, you may find it easier to get your angles with the driveshaft off.

Zevox

Established Member
I'd go buy the wrench and torque wrench, or borrow from someone. Taking the mount off will a bigger pain. Taking the over axle part off exhaust off will be a big help and yes you can set pinion angle with the rear axle setting on jack stands. The front tires can hang. Try to get the car level. If you have a one peace driveshaft, you may find it easier to get your angles with the driveshaft off.

I've got a torque wrench but I can't get a socket alone, much less with the ratchet on it, over the bolt or nut. Good info on the jack stands, I thought the car had to be level to set it right.

BMR Tech

You need to remove the entire mount/uca, unfortunately.

You can set the pinion angle with the axle on jack stands, but it will not be precise. The suspension will not fully load without the car actually sitting on the tires. The best way to do it, is to put the car on ramps....or build some blocks from wood...and sit the car on the blocks. I have (4) 12" tall blocks I made of wood... and set my car on them when working on suspension and setting angles.

Zevox

Established Member
You need to remove the entire mount/uca, unfortunately.

You can set the pinion angle with the axle on jack stands, but it will not be precise. The suspension will not fully load without the car actually sitting on the tires. The best way to do it, is to put the car on ramps....or build some blocks from wood...and sit the car on the blocks. I have (4) 12" tall blocks I made of wood... and set my car on them when working on suspension and setting angles.

Great info as always, thanks sir. Looks like I'll be calling that shop then...

Deranged2013

Established Member
OP, sorry for the bad info. I've always considered the suspension being fully loaded as long as the axles were on jack stands. My bad. This is why we are lucky to have Kelly here to help.

Last edited:

mwmed

Established Member
Looking for suspension help on my 2007 GT 500 Vert.
Just installed Ford racing lowering springs, BMR adjustable, pan hard bar, upper and lower control arms. installed and turned cold, What shocks do you recommend?
Car is a weekend night, hi speed back road driver.
With mods (installing next week) should be mid 600hp.
Currently running stock tires and wheels.
Thanks BG

Riptide

Established Member
At least the gas tank doesnt need to come down to get the mount out. You had to do that with the 3v cars.

BMR Tech

Looking for suspension help on my 2007 GT 500 Vert.
Just installed Ford racing lowering springs, BMR adjustable, pan hard bar, upper and lower control arms. installed and turned cold, What shocks do you recommend?
Car is a weekend night, hi speed back road driver.
With mods (installing next week) should be mid 600hp.
Currently running stock tires and wheels.
Thanks BG

Weekend night, hi speed back road driver.

Hmmm...

Like, dirt roads dukes of hazzard style? Street racing in a straight line? Corner carving?

A set of Strange Adjustables, front and rear, would do well for all-around use/performance.....and they are very cost effective..

Zevox

Established Member
^ Ah!

Now I know who you are. You can't hide! lol

Haha, what gave it away? The laziness probably... Those front springs I'm using are racking up the miles just fine, no noises or anything. The front rides like butter, but the back is a little bouncy. I guess those vikings are the reason more than the springs.

Hurricane said they'd fix the UCA for me but they just don't have time so I figured I'd knock it out myself. If they can't get me in soon I'll do what you suggested and move my LCA's up a hole. Will that throw my pinion angle off any?

Users who are viewing this thread