Typical Complaints of Contour Owners

LogiWorld123

Established Member
1st lesson:

SVT contour has 4 cams. yep.

2nd lesson

the engine has had the extrude hone treatment to its intake runners.

<starship troopers>
would you like to know more?

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
1st lesson:

SVT contour has 4 cams. yep.

2nd lesson

the engine has had the extrude hone treatment to its intake runners.

<starship troopers>
would you like to know more?

Okay...the first...gotcha...second...understand that. Read it somewhere....

Tell me something a little more in depth.

Maria

LogiWorld123

Established Member
in depth? gee what would you like to know?

in the 1998 E0's the radiator is fromthe European Ford Mondeo, as are the brake rotors

The E0's can "sustain Autobahn conditions" (High Speeds)

The SVT has special PCM algorhytms for the engine to maximize the secondary intake runners while maintaining nice gas efficiency.

There is an air cabin filter, underneath the passenger side cowl that you should replace every 4000 or so miles (same as ur oil)

Would you like to know more?

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
in depth? gee what would you like to know?

in the 1998 E0's the radiator is fromthe European Ford Mondeo, as are the brake rotors

The E0's can "sustain Autobahn conditions" (High Speeds)

The SVT has special PCM algorhytms for the engine to maximize the secondary intake runners while maintaining nice gas efficiency.

There is an air cabin filter, underneath the passenger side cowl that you should replace every 4000 or so miles (same as ur oil)

Would you like to know more?

Didn't know about the cabin air filter...Hmmm...and I change my oil religiously thank you. The rotors...tell me about these rotors.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
The rotors are larger than other years. (a few MM)

I wasnt implying that you dont change uroil. Im just saying its a good idea to change that cabin filter.

To locate filter:

Remove wiper blades.

Unscrew the cowl screws, then lift off the 2 plastic cowl pieces.

It will be on the pass side, an odd rectangle sticking out in the open. Hit the side snaps, and it slides right out.

:D

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
The rotors are larger than other years. (a few MM)

I wasnt implying that you dont change uroil. Im just saying its a good idea to change that cabin filter.

To locate filter:

Remove wiper blades.

Unscrew the cowl screws, then lift off the 2 plastic cowl pieces.

It will be on the pass side, an odd rectangle sticking out in the open. Hit the side snaps, and it slides right out.

:D

Hmmm ok....I guess sometimes I take offense to insinuations that I'm not mechanically inclined (chick thing). I apologize to you ... you are most helpful. Reason I'm asking abou rotors is due to my recent run in with the Pumpkin head at ford...I do as much work on my car as possible...I don't have much time though. I work LOOOONNGG hours. And usually by the end of the day the thought of having to look at another engine makes me a little :xpl: :-D But, I want to do more now that I've gotten rid of the detritous in my life...so anything that won't take me more than 5 hours to complete and won't have my car down for too long (it's only me and I ride 20 miles in the morning on my bike but I don't relish the idea of riding it to work). I'm all yours Yoda

Maria

LogiWorld123

Established Member
the SVT contour rotors like to get warped for some reason.

I believe I paid $200 for the fronts installed. MAKE sure they order the correct ones. IE if you have the 98 EO (with the mustang pony-esque wheels) they need to get the euro ones.

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
The only "issue" that I have with ordering process is that I've lost my "hook up" at ford parts. My friend divorced the guy now I can't get things cheaply. So, where do I go? any suggestions?

maria

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Door Rattling

My doors rattle something fierce when I shut them. Is this a normal thing? They've done it since day one. Is there anything that I can do to make it stop or do I have to suffer? Anyone had this problem?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Door Rattling

Originally posted by SVT_GIRL
My doors rattle something fierce when I shut them. Is this a normal thing? They've done it since day one. Is there anything that I can do to make it stop or do I have to suffer? Anyone had this problem?
maria you can have them adjusted would you like help :D

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Well, what IS rattling? It makes this boing noise. Then it stops. Doesn't rattle while driving....So where do I adjust it?

Users who are viewing this thread