Typical Complaints of Contour Owners

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Allright guys, let's face it. Ford totally screwed our cars over. Here are some of my complaints.

No SVT Premium service: only for L's and Cobra: kick in the face, we paid premium money for these too, but we cant get our cars vaccumed and cleaned.

Ford Catalog: only sparkplug wires for the Contour.

Water pump: goes out at ~60k guaranteed.

Synchros on the transmission: they are designed to give out.

De-contentation of parts: yep, all the little luxos like lighted keyholes, clocks, and what not.

Limited knowledge of ford techs: its scary dropping your car off

any more? post them in here

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Umm Slow, slow, slow, slow.

Nothing really out of the ordinary with our cars, other then the fact it has ground effects, and the "honed" intake. Kind of a kick in the balls. Seems our cars are also put together very very poorly. They didnt even give our car a special name I.E Cobra, Lightning. Its a nice looking car, sometimes.

Last night with this Chicago rain, I had water coming through the cracks of my car. Thats why come next year, im done with Fords, almost every Ford car Ive owned has had some sort of defect, and IMHO put together really shitty. Im going German. **** American!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by 00JSVT
96-98 M3, my friend just bought a 2001 325i, and its just a solid car, but I would need a little more power.

HOw about a volkswagon Golf TDI, great lil car 60 mpg and a 90hp motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

PhatSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 00JSVT
Umm Slow, slow, slow, slow.

Nothing really out of the ordinary with our cars, other then the fact it has ground effects, and the "honed" intake. Kind of a kick in the balls. Seems our cars are also put together very very poorly. They didnt even give our car a special name I.E Cobra, Lightning. Its a nice looking car, sometimes.

Last night with this Chicago rain, I had water coming through the cracks of my car. Thats why come next year, im done with Fords, almost every Ford car Ive owned has had some sort of defect, and IMHO put together really shitty. Im going German. **** American!

well one thing might be that its a 2000. that means they just threw it together. i am fortunate to have one of the first made, so mine went through everything twice. if it didnt then i wouldnt even own the car.

my99svt

um, yeah
Established Member
Originally posted by PhatSVT

well one thing might be that its a 2000. that means they just threw it together. i am fortunate to have one of the first made, so mine went through everything twice. if it didnt then i wouldnt even own the car.
But your still a putz! :)

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Pumpkin Head Dealer

I just have a general comment about the service offered for my car - IT SUCKED and the guys at the dealer that only saw blonde hair and big boobs ASSHOLES. The service writer that tells me that it will cost $800 to replace only the front rotors (and I only went there to get my dash replaced)... the mechanic that lied to my face PRICK. I'm just pissed and irritated with the whole mess. Not only did the mechanic think I was a f-ing moron and lie to me about rotors and brakes (something about rotors are designed to wear at the same rate as the brake pads) he looked at me like I had sprouted wings when I asked him for the diagnostic. And then they lost my keys. I got my car 28 hours later and come to find out the pumpkin head didn't even take the tires off! Is the general thought that all women don't know anything about cars? I've already written a letter to the general manager and to the better business bureau...but my question really is this- does anyone else have issues like this? Someone please reassure me that it's not always like pulling teeth where this car is concerned.....

PhatSVT

Established Member
yeah!!! i get the lady service people and they always have their eyes on my crotch. what the hell. i mean i know it looks like i have a sock shoved in there but what the hell. no j/k. i am sorry to hear about what happened. i stay away from places to get my sh!t worked on. i have actually got to know my car more and more by doing my own work. if you can or have someone that can do it i would go that way. Dealers always try to bend you over and give it to you hard. i told the last dealer to **** off if it was going to cost $300 to replace an O2 sensor. man thats a $50 job if you do it yourself. i swear their parts better be made of gold. oh and about the guys treating you like they did was totally typical. they think since you dont work in there with them you dont have a d@mn clue what your talking about. its like they are a team and you have to be a part of it to know what is going on with cars. let alone it's your car. i swear men are just pigs. :D wait i am a man. i am sorry we are like this. i am actually trying to teach my girlfriend stuff about cars so she doesnt have to deal with this. she goes to get her oil changed in her Prelude and the guys all talk shit on her. so i went in the last time and they all straightened up. i understand what you mean though. hope this doesnt happen again and hope everything works out great. get that mo fo fired.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Pumpkin Head Dealer

Originally posted by SVT_GIRL
I just have a general comment about the service offered for my car - IT SUCKED and the guys at the dealer that only saw blonde hair and big boobs ASSHOLES. The service writer that tells me that it will cost $800 to replace only the front rotors (and I only went there to get my dash replaced)... the mechanic that lied to my face PRICK. I'm just pissed and irritated with the whole mess. Not only did the mechanic think I was a f-ing moron and lie to me about rotors and brakes (something about rotors are designed to wear at the same rate as the brake pads) he looked at me like I had sprouted wings when I asked him for the diagnostic. And then they lost my keys. I got my car 28 hours later and come to find out the pumpkin head didn't even take the tires off! Is the general thought that all women don't know anything about cars? I've already written a letter to the general manager and to the better business bureau...but my question really is this- does anyone else have issues like this? Someone please reassure me that it's not always like pulling teeth where this car is concerned.....

Geeez that really sucks :(

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Well, it's all over with now...I can see colors other than red now....So I'm ok. Still not happy about it all but they will get what they deserve. Thankfully, I was a little in the know and they didn't get me for any $$. I feel sorry for anyone that is clueless 'cause they do bend you over. :D But, thanks for the support.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SVT_GIRL
Well, it's all over with now...I can see colors other than red now....So I'm ok. Still not happy about it all but they will get what they deserve. Thankfully, I was a little in the know and they didn't get me for any $$. I feel sorry for anyone that is clueless 'cause they do bend you over. :D But, thanks for the support.

ROFL @ M you are too funny heheheh

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
SVT_GIRL.....hmmmmm.....
young......attractive......knows about cars.......an engineer.......
Is there an SVT_GUY?

Last edited:

SVT_GIRL

Established Member
Nope...no SVT_GUY. haven't found the right combination of brains and manliness. :rolling: But, I am looking. Probably not in the right places though.

Users who are viewing this thread