Tyler Texas

guitar1118

Established Member
I'm working in Tyler this week and I saw an 03\04 black coupe at the mall. Looked like stock rims. Belong to anyone here. I live in the Wichita Kansas area and have only seen a couple of "Terminaters" on the road. I believe the Houston and Dallas areas have several cars on this site. Anyway just a shout out if your here.

03yellow

Established Member
Lots of Cobras in Dallas. Stop by Hpp in Dallas. You'll see a lots of them. Manny TT over 1000 rwhp on stock bottom end. Cutback from Tyler towards to 121 Bussiness. Youll be close to I35E if your driving home to Wichita. Keep your wallet in your back pocket or you get the fever to mod. Great place to get work and a tune done.
I'm working in Tyler this week and I saw an 03\04 black coupe at the mall. Looked like stock rims. Belong to anyone here. I live in the Wichita Kansas area and have only seen a couple of "Terminaters" on the road. I believe the Houston and Dallas areas have several cars on this site. Anyway just a shout out if your here.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just noticed you have a 3.2 upper pulley. Did you do that in order to use the belt cover? Just curious since most go with a 2.76/2.80 or 2.90/2.93.

guitar1118

Established Member
Cobra Bob,

I bought the car off a bank parking lot as a repo, so far I've been lucky and haven't had any problems with it. Hell, I didn't even realize how special the Terminator was when I bought it, I just knew I loved the way it looked and when I drove it I knew it was "fast". I've learned alot about the cars here on this sight and your " Terminator Faqs" was one of the first things I found here and as a newbie I appreciated it. THANX! The truth......I didn't even know it had been pullied until I started learning about them here. Of course that means the 3.2 was on it when I bought it. It also has a billetflow (I think) pullie under it to minimize belt slip so the stock pullie cover wouldn't fit anyway unless it was modified as I've some of the members here do. Currently the next planned mods are Flowmaster catbacks and a complete RAI, probably will go with a K&N and have an extra filter. I currently have not decided if I want to do an even smaller upper and a bigger lower. I'm debating just doing a 6 pound lower, I just don't want to have to start replacing alternators. Last time I did the oil I looked it over, alternater appears to be origional and doesn't look fun to get out. I've saved the "how to" here because I'm sure I'll have to do it some day though. That is one of the best things about this sight is all the resources that are available to someone like myself and for that Thanx to all who contribute!

Last edited:

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
Hello guitar1118. Welcome to the site!

I live about 45 minutes from Tyler and a couple of times a year I have to go to Wichita for work. Last time I went there I posted on here trying to find someone who was local to Wichita to go out and watch some football and drink a few beers with. I'll have to look you up next time I'm there. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cobra Bob,

I bought the car off a bank parking lot as a repo, so far I've been lucky and haven't had any problems with it. Hell, I didn't even realize how special the Terminator was when I bought it, I just knew I loved the way it looked and when I drove it I knew it was "fast". I've learned alot about the cars here on this sight and your " Terminator Faqs" was one of the first things I found here and as a newbie I appreciated it. THANX! The truth......I didn't even know it had been pullied until I started learning about them here. Of course that means the 3.2 was on it when I bought it. It also has a billetflow (I think) pullie under it to minimize belt slip so the stock pullie cover wouldn't fit anyway unless it was modified as I've some of the members here do. Currently the next planned mods are Flowmaster catbacks and a complete RAI, probably will go with a K&N and have an extra filter. I currently have not decided if I want to do an even smaller upper and a bigger lower. I'm debating just doing a 6 pound lower, I just don't want to have to start replacing alternators. Last time I did the oil I looked it over, alternater appears to be origional and doesn't look fun to get out. I've saved the "how to" here because I'm sure I'll have to do it some day though. That is one of the best things about this sight is all the resources that are available to someone like myself and for that Thanx to all who contribute!

If I were you I would maybe someday try a 2.90/2.93 upper with the stock lower. You might be happy with it. With a 2.90 upper, intake and exhaust mods I made 457rwhp and 480rwtq. The tune was from Amazon Racing and was spot on. I was very happy with that level of power for about a year, at which point I ported the blower. Speaking of which, with the stock blower (unported) you should keep the boost to about 15 lbs. max.

Enjoy your Cobra (like I have to remind you!). And yes, this is a great site for good info. ;-)

guitar1118

Established Member
Savin4Mods,
Footballs starting, give me a yell next time your up this way.

Cobra Bob,
I didn't realize I could get that much rwhp and rwtq with just an upper only, what were your intake and exhaust mods.

i8urSS

Established Member
ya man, its really easy to make power with these cars. i have a mac prochamber with flowmaster mufflers, a jlt cai and a 2.76 upper and i put down 480/498. and like cobrabob said its lasted me almost a year before i'm starting to really hurt for more power. congrats tho. sounds like you got a really great deal.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
There is a mustang club in the Tyler area. Look up EastTexasMustangClub

I don't know any of those guys, but I noticed they are having a get together this Saturday night. I might go.

Users who are viewing this thread