TX2K Is Around The Corner......

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I like my GTR.
Not saying you shouldnt. Im still a little salty that one of your brothers in a 2015 Black Edition tried to stuff 10 pounds of shit in a 2 lb bag. Made 900 whp on a stock drivetrain. He AND my car got to find out what its like when you lock up all 4 wheels because he was cheap...

IA Shelby

Established Member
Not saying you shouldnt. Im still a little salty that one of your brothers in a 2015 Black Edition tried to stuff 10 pounds of shit in a 2 lb bag. Made 900 whp on a stock drivetrain. He AND my car got to find out what its like when you lock up all 4 wheels because he was cheap...

I used to own a 11GT500. I know the differences quite well between these cars both stock and modded.

There are idiots across all brands that try to turn up the boost without investing in the right parts and tuner. That is not unique to the GTR.

I would suggest driving a new GTR if you get a chance and then form an opinion. If you are in Iowa sometime stop by and I will throw you the keys.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I used to own a 11GT500. I know the differences quite well between these cars both stock and modded.

There are idiots across all brands that try to turn up the boost without investing in the right parts and tuner. That is not unique to the GTR.

I would suggest driving a new GTR if you get a chance and then form an opinion. If you are in Iowa sometime stop by and I will throw you the keys.
I think the GTRs are very cool. cant deny what their overall abilities are when fully built. Im just not personally invested in the GTR fan train based on one crashing into me. It would be the same as a Corvette, Camaro or hell even another Mustang. Fact is that, IMO, for being a SuperCar, Nissan dropped the ball with equipping it with such a weak driveline. Should have been fully forged and billet from the factory.

The guy's tuner was actually driving down the track that night, trying to dial the car in. One of the first things he said after he confirmed he was ok was that he had already talked to the owner about building the transmission and x-fer case. Owner wanted the car set to kill and then worry about the drive line. Problem is that was the first night they had the car out running.. well he found out real fast that he made a mistake in choosing power over building the known catastrophic weak link.

If Im ever back in the mid-west, Ill take you up on the offer :D

Users who are viewing this thread