Two races with a new 5.0 and a Term

GN1986

Established Member
Needless to say I am impressed with the new 5.0. Basically stock except for a Catback and can tune and he rattled off a 13.4 against me. Only got two runs in but the second was against OF COURSE an 04 Term. which I had been BSing with the guy through out the night just talking cars. You guys are so lucky to be able to spend so little and get them to go so quick. He said he ran a 12.1 his first run but when we lined up he got an 11.8 off. I was happy with my two runs 10.91 and 10.78 on a night where the temp was still 91 and the humidity was through the roof. I don't need to say who won if you read the times. Any way I saw one Term run an 11.1 and I really wanted him but we were too far apart in line. :bash:

GN1986

Established Member
BTW- My after making those runs without the FAST installed and that high of a temp I am a FIRM believer that 10.5's can be achieved. Once there I will be one happy fellow and i can focus all my energy of interior.

Kudos to both cars though both were impressive. The little 6 Banger was too much for them though. I told the 5.0 guys what was under the hood and the mods but they kept comparing it to a Monte they beat up on the week before and I attempted to warn him that comparing a Monte to a GN is like a Garter Snake to a King Cobra (no pun intended :)

GN1986

Established Member
Wow no responses? I should have been like the Vette guy and acted like a dick. :) J/k

Klay

Established Member
Nice runs man, you definately got a fast car. You said the 5.0 got a 13.4 time but that seems pretty slow for that car, is your track known for slower than usual times?

xenodragon

Established Member
Nice runs man, you definately got a fast car. You said the 5.0 got a 13.4 time but that seems pretty slow for that car, is your track known for slower than usual times?

Actually those times seem right for the GT with an average driver...the ones making such low times are professionals. The average GT 5.0 driver will achieve mid 13s.

Just like the first time i was ever on the track with my cobra I ran a 13.2 100% stock. I didnt even have a clue at what RPM to let the clutch out at. You could say those times are pretty slow for my cobra

GN1986

Established Member

No it was Atco which is great for decent times.:shrug:

GN1986

Established Member
I have to post a pic of the last run I popped a pretty good wheely which scared the hell out of me. Talk about adrenaline. :) I mean nothing crazy like on TV but those front tires were off the ground pretty good.

I think the guy with the 5.0 with more runs and better whether might have been able to see a VERY low 13.

GN1986

Established Member
And if any one you guys where in the South NJ/ Philly area I'd more then happy to give you a ride in that beast out in the garage. I went cruising last night and can't get street action to save my LIFE. Saw a reg C6 no go, C5 Z06 no go, Jeep SRT 8 no go but aN ACURA TL wanted to go. Sorry I get like 2 miles to the gallon plus spraying Meth through the inj's and I'm not wasting that on a TL. Maybe it's the cheater slicks in the rear, the stance of the car, the rumble of the cam or the fact that it sound like a jet plane taking off. I remember when I had a C5 and I had longtubes and a cam I wanted to race anything I thought was a a fast car regardless of whether I knew I was going to get my butt handed to me. I know of a Typhoon around here running 9's so he may be the one to finally put a a little squashing on the GN's ego but at least I know they're cousins. :shrug::beer:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
haha good runs..fast car you got there...toug to get street action these days...seems as tho the only people who want to run are always acura tls..i shut 2 down on the way to mustang week..i mean they are quick cars but wtf ppl its a fwd honda

Users who are viewing this thread