Two GT350R's for sale

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

So all your statements are from magazines and tv shows, right?

I've been lucky enough to drive a lot of Ford's performance vehicles that have been released in the last 15 years or so. The Boss was a neat car, but driving one on the street was no different than driving a 13/14 5.0. I drove my 350 yesterday for a very short amount of time, and was severely unimpressed. Yes, it may be awesome around a track, etc...but on the street it's another car.

Both my, 2013 and 2014, GT500 were A LOT more fun to drive. No, they wouldn't go around a track as fast...but 90% of the people purchasing these cars won't go around a track either.

They hype is out there because it's a new car with new technology. There are performance compromises with this car. If they could've gained the technology advantage and kept closer to the power output of the 13/14, then we would be talking about a car. This car so far is very unimpressive to me.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nick did you find some twisties? Seems like the majority of people who drive this car think it's the best mustang ever built.

FWIW, I have not driven one, but I did ride in one drifting at SEMA, it was really, really sticky. That car doesn't like to be sideways, and it stops very fast.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick did you find some twisties? Seems like the majority of people who drive this car think it's the best mustang ever built.

A few small ones. Don't get me wrong, it sticks well. Just not as exciting!

Para81

Established Member
I know about the automatic population on cars.com.
I'm referring to the cars that have actual pictures sitting in the showrooms, not the computer generated images. I've called several dealers about the in stock units. That's how I know they're really there and unspoken for. I really don't get the hype for this car either. The 13 GT500 seemed alot more special in its time, smacking down the ZL1 and all. I guess telling people they can rev over 8k really has an impact.

You don't get the hype of Ford producing a Flat Plane Crank V8 5.2 with 526hp /8250RPM redline / MangeRide suspension that can decimates cars worth 3 times as much on a racetrack including the new Porsche GT4? Ok.

This car would be priced at 120k if it was coming out of Germany - maybe higher.

Para81

Established Member

I've been lucky enough to drive a lot of Ford's performance vehicles that have been released in the last 15 years or so. The Boss was a neat car, but driving one on the street was no different than driving a 13/14 5.0. I drove my 350 yesterday for a very short amount of time, and was severely unimpressed. Yes, it may be awesome around a track, etc...but on the street it's another car.

Both my, 2013 and 2014, GT500 were A LOT more fun to drive. No, they wouldn't go around a track as fast...but 90% of the people purchasing these cars won't go around a track either.

They hype is out there because it's a new car with new technology. There are performance compromises with this car. If they could've gained the technology advantage and kept closer to the power output of the 13/14, then we would be talking about a car. This car so far is very unimpressive to me.

I owned a Boss 302 LS and a Shelby GT500 - Thought the Boss was far more entertaining and visceral than my 600rwhp Griggs Shelby.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You don't get the hype of Ford producing a Flat Plane Crank V8 5.2 with 526hp /8250RPM redline / MangeRide suspension that can decimates cars worth 3 times as much on a racetrack including the new Porsche GT4? Ok.

This car would be priced at 120k if it was coming out of Germany - maybe higher.

I owned a Boss 302 LS and a Shelby GT500 - Thought the Boss was far more entertaining and visceral than my 600rwhp Griggs Shelby.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I've also driven a fair share of performance Fords and I will say the GT350 is by far the best Mustang Ford has ever released. The GT500 is "fun" because it has a blower and makes gobs of unpractical low end torque. The GT350 is the best driving, most balanced, highest quality Mustang to date in my opinion. The GT350 is a lot more car than any GT500 and it's priced better (MSRP). The only thing the GT500 has over the 350 is a HP number.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've also driven a fair share of performance Fords and I will say the GT350 is by far the best Mustang Ford has ever released. The GT500 is "fun" because it has a blower and makes gobs of unpractical low end torque. The GT350 is the best driving, most balanced, highest quality Mustang to date in my opinion. The GT350 is a lot more car than any GT500 and it's priced better (MSRP). The only thing the GT500 has over the 350 is a HP number.

And the smile factor.

It is probably the most balanced Mustang they've made. Guess it just doesn't fit my driving preference. I just sold mine.

Para81

Established Member
I just sold mine.

You're the only person on the entire planet who doesn't like it.

Just looking at your signature - you seem to do that with all your cars though - you have a huge list of sold cars built in 2013/2014. Even sold 3 separate GT500's?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're the only person on the entire planet who doesn't like it. Just looking at your signature - you seem to do that with all your cars though - you have a huge list of sold cars built in 2013/2014. Even sold 3 separate GT500's?

I'm a Ford dealer, which works to my advantage, I get bored easily.

But as to the only person on the planet that doesn't like it.... there aren't that many people who have driven them. I'm not saying it's a bad car. I said it's not for me; it didn't impress me.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
+1
I would easily drop the solid axle GT500 for a proper IRS car. Glad ford finally got with the times.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

That same thing could be said about literally every car. If I'm just tooling around on the streets in my GT500, it's no more "exciting" to drive than our Forester; just less wallowy and bouncy. Turn up the wick and it's a different story. Driving a GT500 at 7/10ths+ I'm sure is nothing like driving a GT350R at 7/10ths+. For me, I spend the vast majority of my time behind the wheel of a car driving it at 7/10ths+. I'm very curious to see how a GT350R feels in comparison to my current suspension mods and setup on my GT500.

Jfoster

Established Member
I know about the automatic population on cars.com.
I'm referring to the cars that have actual pictures sitting in the showrooms, not the computer generated images. I've called several dealers about the in stock units. That's how I know they're really there and unspoken for. I really don't get the hype for this car either. The 13 GT500 seemed alot more special in its time, smacking down the ZL1 and all. I guess telling people they can rev over 8k really has an impact.

Even a large majority of those are sold. Dealers aren't quick to remove them because they generate traffic and dealers are quick to offer their "next GT350" to the prospective buyer. It's a little like a lazy bait and switch game.

Fact is, there seem to be more than the average number of people willing to pay big ADMs on these. I suspect it's due to how Ford marketed the cars to the Euro markets....and the fact that it actually can perform and appeal to a different demo of buyer. Did you know that at least one Track Tour day at each track was dedicated to invitees who only drove Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and other European brands?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Even a large majority of those are sold. Dealers aren't quick to remove them because they generate traffic and dealers are quick to offer their "next GT350" to the prospective buyer. It's a little like a lazy bait and switch game.

So...you're saying dealers can leave cars up for as long as they want?

Jfoster

Established Member
So...you're saying dealers can leave cars up for as long as they want?

Honestly, I don't know the specific rules - but based on the fact that a lot of us have called on a large number of these cars - and they are either sold or were pre-sold and never "really" for sale is what makes me say that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly, I don't know the specific rules - but based on the fact that a lot of us have called on a large number of these cars - and they are either sold or were pre-sold and never "really" for sale is what makes me say that.
If I order a vehicle sold, it still hits my inventory. Typically gets posted online 2 weeks before landing on the ground.

A lot of the cars without actual photos, are sold orders.

Once I report a car sold it drops out of my inventory and the 3rd party site pulls the listing with 72 hours.

rwboring

Established Member

I know this is out of a magazine but if you are comparing a 2008 GT500 to a 2013 GT500 I think you are comparing apples to oranges.

2008 GT500 skid pad= .9
Boss LS skid pad=.96
2013 GT500= 1.00
(2016 GT350 .98 and 350R 1.1)

all from car and driver...

I'm not here to argue because I know these aren't relative to real world driving, but when someone states a 5 year old newer model it probably isn't fair to compare to something that much older.

Para81

Established Member
I know this is out of a magazine but if you are comparing a 2008 GT500 to a 2013 GT500 I think you are comparing apples to oranges.

2008 GT500 skid pad= .9
Boss LS skid pad=.96
2013 GT500= 1.00
(2016 GT350 .98 and 350R 1.1)

all from car and driver...

I'm not here to argue because I know these aren't relative to real world driving, but when someone states a 5 year old newer model it probably isn't fair to compare to something that much older.

Agreed - but keep in mind my 08 Shelby GT500 had a full Griggs suspension - leagues better than any 2013 Bilstein set up. Also that Boss LS time is off - they pull well over 1.0 g with the R compound Corsas which come stock.

Users who are viewing this thread