Two dumb questions

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Where is the drain located on the rear diff? I have the Ford service manual and does not show it.

Also, on the FP rail sensor, does the Kenne Bell restrictor disc, just drop in the hole, and the sensor plugs in on top of it?

Told you they were dumb!

Fat-cat

Established Member
there isnt a "drain" you take the cover off and it drains on its own :)

I think there is a drain and fill plug on the factory diff cover. However its been a while since i looked under there so i could be mistaken on the drain. You could always suck out all the fluid thru the fill plug though.

Also the KB disc just drops in under the FRPS.Fills the gap between the bottom of the fitting and the sensor tip.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
and there's no such think as a dumb question .. we're all here to ask and learn:beer:

i didnt know the answer either .. i need to top mine off cause i got a drip

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Shit, I saw the fill, but was hoping there was a drain, but could not find one.

May take it to Valvoline so they can suck it out and put a fluid of my choice in. What type/ viscosity is the favorite? Good ole royal purple?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Not dumb. Countless threads. Do a search. I'm not sure off the top of my head but used Royal Purple as it has friction modifier all ready in it.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Shit, I saw the fill, but was hoping there was a drain, but could not find one.

May take it to Valvoline so they can suck it out and put a fluid of my choice in. What type/ viscosity is the favorite? Good ole royal purple?

I open track without a diff cooler so I change fluid more frequently than most.

I created my own drain plug, drilled and tapped it myself and put a plug in the bottom.

Use a full synthetic 75W140 plus friction modifier. What brand is up to you, just make sure it is a full synth and that it's a 75w140.

I use Royal Purple Max Gear 75W140 which has friction modifier included. Though I do not actually need the free Friction Modifier anymore because I have no more clutches, I use a Detroit TrueTrac, but the FM is already in there so no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread