Two Commercials

SteveWK

Established Member
I was just watching these the other day on YouTube. I did a search on Mustang commercials. Some of the old stuff from the 60s is pretty good. Lots of people dancing around and some with mini skirts.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Picture:
Screenshot_20200608-235633_YouTube.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Although I prefer the first one, the second had an awesome ending lol.
Yep, it did! For me, that one was the best Mustang commercial ever made. I like the first one as well. Ford needs to focus on making great commercials that excite people again. Thank God we still have the Mustang, and Mustang muscle choices!
upload_2020-6-9_7-24-29.png

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
All you guys saying you forgot about these commercials must be knee deep in Alzheimers Disease. Ford has only put out a handful of Mustang commercials period. The ones that don’t suck and feature a Shelby are exhibited here.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Someone high at Ford thinks Mustangs are socially irresponsible, which blows my mind at a fundamental level.

1971mach1

Established Member
Haven't seen these in a long time...

The first announced the return of a great American muscle car, 14 years ago.

The second launched one of my favorite toys, eight years ago.
Thank you Norton for sharing these. I had not bought a new Mustang since my 1985 Mustang GT, while my wife and I raised our 4 kids. In the fall of 2011 when Ford surprised Chevy and the Automotive press with their announcement of the 13 GT 500 during chevy's unveiling of their new Shelby Killer , the Zl1, I knew that was the one I had been waiting for. Went into our local Dealer the next day and shook hands on MSRP for a new 2013 GT 500 . I waited for the first day the order banks opened, which was March 9th 2012 and ordered my GT 500. I will never sell it. I have taken it to over 20 track days all up and down the west coast including Laguna Seca, Sonoma, PIR, Pacific raceways and many more. We live in remarkable times for car guys and gals like us with cars like the Shelby GT00, ZL1 Camaro and the Hell Cat Challenger being built right now. Thanks again.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thank you Norton for sharing these. I had not bought a new Mustang since my 1985 Mustang GT, while my wife and I raised our 4 kids. In the fall of 2011 when Ford surprised Chevy and the Automotive press with their announcement of the 13 GT 500 during chevy's unveiling of their new Shelby Killer , the Zl1, I knew that was the one I had been waiting for. Went into our local Dealer the next day and shook hands on MSRP for a new 2013 GT 500 . I waited for the first day the order banks opened, which was March 9th 2012 and ordered my GT 500. I will never sell it. I have taken it to over 20 track days all up and down the west coast including Laguna Seca, Sonoma, PIR, Pacific raceways and many more. We live in remarkable times for car guys and gals like us with cars like the Shelby GT00, ZL1 Camaro and the Hell Cat Challenger being built right now. Thanks again.
You are very welcome, and in good company! Smitten by Fox body Mustang GTs in high school and college, my first Mustang was a 1989 LX 5.0. (By then, I preferred the "simpler" look of the LX over the GT's aero package.) I upgraded to a Mustang Cobra in 1997. (Should have been more patient and made it a Terminator, but hindsight is 20/20.) The final upgrade was to my '13 GT500, that sounds like a twin to yours. (Like you, I don't see myself ever selling it.) Having lived thru the dark times of the 70s and early 80s, I could not agree more that these are remarkable times for car guys and gals.

Users who are viewing this thread