Two Cobras and a Z06

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
The Ported Eaton driver should've waited for you to slow down next to him. It seems like you were actually rolling past him and he started honking. Not saying it would've really mattered, but he would've gave himself a "better" chance if he waited for you to slow down and be side by side with him.

Your vette runs good though:beer:

s|ck

Established Member
Awesome video, props to the ported cobra that guy can drive. Very nice vette too. :thumbsup:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Why are you guys ragging on the guy in the KB cobra. It is not his fault his shit was spinning. For whatever reason his shit wasn't hooking that day..

becuase if you have a car with what I am assuming a decent amount more of money put into it and it doesnt even run as good as the same year/model car making like 50~ less its stupid! It could be his fault if he has street tires or not so good drs and no suspension. People really need to relaize if you going twin screw with 600+ your gona need some hardcore sidewall and suspension or your car is useless because you cant take the main advantage you get from having a twin screw blower.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
C6z06427 do you have a idle vid you can post?? Im going cammed over the winter. I aswell want the power, but I want to be able to drive the car in traffic also and take the GF out to a nice restraunt w/o feeling like a A-hole in the parking lot.

geoffw

Boost Addict
Established Member
its a magic stick babycam. they are supposed to make 550flywheel hp. you can easily make 570+ with a big cam and lose drivability.

Whats the point of a baby cam? Go big or go home!

My LS2 makes more power than that with a G5X3 and it drives almost like stock.

If you've got the displacement, use it...

C6Z06427

Established Member
Why is a cammed Z06 only making 509? Usually they make ~570!

don't know what planet you living on, but no cam'd Z06 makes that to the wheels. usually take a nice sized cam with all the supporting mods including headswork to make it up that high..

C6Z06427

Established Member
C6z06427 do you have a idle vid you can post?? Im going cammed over the winter. I aswell want the power, but I want to be able to drive the car in traffic also and take the GF out to a nice restraunt w/o feeling like a A-hole in the parking lot.

sent you PM with a link

geoffw

Boost Addict
Established Member
don't know what planet you living on, but no cam'd Z06 makes that to the wheels. usually take a nice sized cam with all the supporting mods including headswork to make it up that high..

Ive personally seen 3 z06s dyno above 560 with just a .700 lift cam.

ous2418

Established Member

so is that corrected?? ive never seen one that high w/ just a cam. sounds like some dyno tricks to me. who's cams were they?

smknvette

Established Member

I have seen RPM in Raleigh NC get 583 rwhp out of a LS7R cam. Had basic bolt-ons and a killer tune but these are few and far between. Most wont use a .700 lift cam because thats freakin huge.lol The norm. is 520-560 rwhp depending on the tune and cam size. Been researching it alot the last couple weeks.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I'm more impressed by a 1979 based four seater Mustang being able to hang with an aluminum frame/carbon fiber purposefully built 80k, insurance killer Corvette.
Jeff

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Props to the ported cobra driver... The vette ran slower than I thought he would... KB would have won if it wasnt for the traction isues.

EDIT- I just realized that you had traction issues also...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread