Two Cars?

boostm3

Established Member
Are any of you Cobra '03 guys owners of more than one car? How do you utilize the two cars, ie, for what reason did you feel you wanted more than one car, and how do you decide which you'll drive when? Do you use them both on the street, or is one a dedicated track car?

Thanks.

coleman

Established Member
yes, i own two cars. my wife drives hers and i drive mine. i seldom if ever drive hers cuz mine is faster.

oh, i'd never take her *Yukon* to the track to race! geez...
And a Yukon autoX-ing would look kind of funny.

boostm3, you're just too easy!

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I have two cars because I'm attending KU right now and I was not about to bring my 03 up here and let it sit in the dorm parking lot just asking to get vandalized.

My driver is an 01 silver ram air pontiac *coughGrandcough* Am.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
I just bought another car... brand new 2002 Hyundai Accent (inexpensive)... the reason? Two words: Chicago Winter.

I guess you can call that a THROW DOWN CAR!

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I just bought a 96 Grand Am to drive in the snow. I don't want to drive the Cobra in the snow or when the streets are wet and salted. Otherwise I bought the Cobra as my everyday car.

sqidd

Established Member
2002 F250 4X4 V10 Supercrew for when it rains, snows or I need to tow my trailer.

The Cobra is for placing myself at the top of the food chain.

sqidd

boostm3

Established Member
>>I think boostm3 is looking for owners who have 2 '03 cobras. ;) <<

Well, that would be nice! No... Boostm3 is having a hard time making up his mind. Thats all! I thought maybe the answer was to not have to sell the M3, but to keep it, and buy the Cobra too! But, thats not quite as easy to justify as a winter car and a summer car.... Uh, yea, my SC M3 is my Winter car, cause I already have 4 mounted Pirelli 17" P210s for it?! Dont think that'll fly, even if I do have the tires. So Im just trying to see who's indulged their performance fantasies to the extent of having two performance cars.. Not one belonging to the wife; not a dedicated this or that.... But two street performance cars, just cause you didnt want to get rid of one in order to get the other! That's the boat Im finding myself in. Actually, if the stupid market (stocks, that is) were now where it was 2.5 yrs ago, it wouldnt be such a hard decision. Recent job layoff doesnt help. So what! I want my toys!!

coleman

Established Member
ObieFox, yes, we -- or at least I -- gathered that indirectly from the post, but since he didn't state that anywhere .... having a little fun :kaboom:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Last payment on the Windstar is this month; first payment on the Cobra is next month. Will garage the Cobra when it rains or snows. Having the Cobra as a third (pleasure car) is nice. Insurance is only $1200/year on it.

Hmmm..... 2 '03 Cobra's, holy shit that guy must have some money; or no kids. :rolling:

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
After attending the SVT event here in Indy and having fun on the road course left me wishing I had a hard top 03 as well. Putnam Park (great roadcourse) will not allow Verts without Rollbars. (sigh) I do own 3 cars. 98 Grand Cravan (Wifes), 01 Explorer XLT (Work and Bad Weather car) Cobra for the good days and weekends.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
89 Jeep Wrangler
35" tires Atlas Tcase Dana 44 front and rear spool in rear Detroit in front. Warn Axle Shaft. 7" of lift) and much more

99 Jeep Wrangler
36" TSLs. Atlas tcase Dana 60 front and rear (dynatrac). 7" lift custom long arm suspension. Rear Full Float Axle with Warn Premium hubs. ARB front and rear. and much more

02 Audi TT stock except for license plate frame lol.

03 Cobra

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
89 Jeep Wrangler
35" tires Atlas Tcase Dana 44 front and rear spool in rear Detroit in front. Warn Axle Shaft. 7" of lift) and much more

99 Jeep Wrangler
36" TSLs. Atlas tcase Dana 60 front and rear (dynatrac). 7" lift custom long arm suspension. Rear Full Float Axle with Warn Premium hubs. ARB front and rear. and much more

03 Cobra

Holy sh!t, you got some nice cars, cept the Audi TT hate those damn things :burn:

Anyways nice rides man... :beer:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
89 Jeep Wrangler

99 Jeep Wrangler

-------------------------------------------------------------
Ygohome
3 cars with Traction. 1 Struggling to keep traction LOL!

Slayer03

I have 2 cars and it's been a delimma for me. The decision of which one to put in the garage. My other car is a modified '99 3000GT VR4 (twin-turbo). Since '99 was the last year of the 3000GT's and is somewhat of a collector now (not to mention it was $10K more than the Cobra) I'm keeping that one in the garage next to the wife's SUV. My Cobra is currently my daily driver. It takes some getting use to after driving a Japanese car for 3 years. Even though the Cobra is a 100lbs heavier (the VR4 weighs in at 3720) it feels lighter when driving it. The Cobra has sounds that I'm not used to hearing especially in a new car (ie. the tranny whine, the driveline slack, a few rattles here and there) but from what I've read here it's all normal so I'm not too concerned about it.

All in all it's a heck of a fun car to drive and it gets more compliments than my VR4.

Grumpy

Established Member
'03 Cobra...'02 Avalanche...'96 Geo Tracker...'99 H-D XL1200
My Toy...........Wife's...............Daughter's first....Wife's (I just sold my '99 Heritage Softail to a friend)

Something to cover most everything that we do.

01blkcovert

Established Member
Along with the 03 Black Vert Cobra I have: 2002 Pathfinder
2002 Sentra
and 1975 "550" Honda Bike

Last edited by a moderator:

Ktee's Stang

SVT Poster
Established Member
I think having two performance cars depends on finances and where you live. If you live where theres some rough weather..snow ice etc... and you've got to drive in the stuff.. and... you can't afford 3 cars... your second car better be something that keeps you on the road.. If weather isn't an issue..or family...trailering horses money etc... than shoot just get the second performance car and enjoy it! We have the Cobra (my car) a 67 Chevelle (my husbands) and our Focus stationwagon ..that's our dog's car :(

(this is just an opinion..;-) )

Users who are viewing this thread