Twins vs single?

CPRsm

I'm not big on dyno numbers so you guys help me out, but if we are trying to compare apples to apples don't we need to use corrected numbers to corrected numbers? How do we make a fair comparison otherwise? Are the correction factors flawed?
The correction factor is flawed at high altitude. The correction accounts for pressure drop off, like you would see with a blower. A turbo just spins faster, maintains boost, and only oxygen content falls off. But the correction adds for expected lacking oxygen at elevation and boost, even though boost didn't drop off. So it ends up over correcting. The number advertised then becomes much higher than it would actually be at sea level. This is why vendors don't want to "start, argue, or anything or down grade anything." Combine corrected numbers w telling people your competitor uses flipped ARH headers and you have a recipe for kit sales to folks who don't know any better.

for the kits that are out there, I would take the hellion over the JPC. The JPC is a lot of $$, and close in cost to the hellion, and you retain your stock manifolds. If their kit included some high flow headers, it would be a better deal.
That being said, look at the fastest cars at the tracks, when talking turbo combinations, they are running twins.
Aesthetically, twins look and sound better, IMO :)
Just depends if you look any farther into the details than that. JPC uses a higher grade stainless, a ball bearing turbo, and a tubular core support. That kinda stuff adds up. And you don't know or tKe it into account it's going to look higher if you only look at numbers. But as Patrick already stated the fastest are twins. But because a single won't make 4000HP. I think JPC's is the fastest kit out there right now. With a damn stick at that lol

The intent of the OP was to compare the pros/cons of running a Hellion or similar style TT street/strip setup to a Single Turbo street/strip setup. Both will make power and both have their pros and cons.
Yep, the setup supporting the turbo will be more important than how many you're running.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I'm just stating my opinion. I ran a drag car for years (see avatar) and I know the value of a great set of headers. I know the stainless R&D, stainless tubing and components arent cheap, but the headers are a major component of any turbo kit and the factory log header is crap IMO. OK, so a guy made 900 with it, but I bet with a better header it would pick up substantially. I picked up substantial HP on a n/a engine, so I do speak from experience. Either way, the car will be fast and more efficient than any belt driven s/c.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I would say we got the single kit running pretty good!

11 PSI on 20s 10.10 @ 141
Jpcracing 10.10 on 20 inch vossens - YouTube

Great job Eric its no easy feat to get a car on 19's and 20's in near 10 flat.

I've had a few single turbo setups in other cars and drove a few twins. I love both but I decided to go with twins out of personal preference and aesthetics. Both can make you fast and both are more efficient than other power adders.
If i went with a single it would be JPC's kit. This topic can be beaten to death but all I gotta say is build it , drive fast , and enjoy! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread