Twin turbos vs single turbo

DeViantSVT

Established Member
I always wonderer what would be a better set up.Twin small turbos or a big Single turbo. I been reading in the internet and ppl have a lot of different opinion about this. I was wondering if someone here had some hard fats about this two different set up.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Twin 61's or a single T76 or bigger will get you what you want. If you want to run away from everything on the highway, get yourself a big single and a ton of fuel.

NVR_LFT

OTW racing
Established Member
Turbos are like Bewbs... Just wouldn't be the same if there was only one...:shrug:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
So many things factor into this its not even funny. I went with a big single because the install has less piping, the oil drain is all gravity (no extra pump to deal with), everything is under the hood so the front bumper cover can stay on the car when I need to access the turbo, Less turbos to rebuild if something goes wrong.
Well thats just a few out of the many that made me go the direction I did.

NastyNate420

Established Member
So many things factor into this its not even funny. I went with a big single because the install has less piping, the oil drain is all gravity (no extra pump to deal with), everything is under the hood so the front bumper cover can stay on the car when I need to access the turbo, Less turbos to rebuild if something goes wrong.

Im getting rid of the a/c and putting twins under the hood. No need for scavenger pumps. But everything you said is correct. Its gonna cost a bit more money but IMO TT is the way to go!!

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member

^^^im with ruthless

ruthless

Established Member
Im getting rid of the a/c and putting twins under the hood. No need for scavenger pumps. But everything you said is correct. Its gonna cost a bit more money but IMO TT is the way to go!!

I have forward facing tubular headers and was able to keep my A/C. Not sure why you would need to take yours out. Like I mentiond above...So many things factor in and a 76mm single just fit my needs to a T but then again thats different for everyone.

So in short...you will never get the "Whats best" answer because to many factors come into play. However if you want the best tubro kit be it single or twins I would recommend skipping the "off the shelf kits" and getting a custom kit. I cant stress enough how much cleaner custom kits are and the amount of time it takes to get them that way.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Turbos are like Bewbs... Just wouldn't be the same if there was only one...:shrug:

hard to argue with that logic :shrug:
to the OP. i've had friends with both setups.....granted its small sample size, but only the TT car impressed me

NastyNate420

Established Member
I have forward facing tubular headers and was able to keep my A/C. Not sure why you would need to take yours out. Like I mentiond above...So many things factor in and a 76mm single just fit my needs to a T but then again thats different for everyone.
I rarely use my ac and i lived in south FL for 4 years. Id rather save the 40 lbs to help even out the added weight of the turbos+

If i was going to do a single i go with a divided style housing to help with spooling.

ruthless

Established Member
My car was just finished today but hasnt been tuned yet. Look up Juiced46, he has been running the turbo for a while now.

This is the first time I have ever heard anything bad about the billet wheels. Fill us in on the issues that you have heard about.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
More info please. In what way was it more impressive?

on my ported eaton setup i beat two T76 Cobras, i've also ran RAZRS EDGE's old built HPP TT car and rode in it...it was so powerful i couldn't believe the difference after all i've heard of turbo power on Cobras. One of the T76 cars had a built motor, one had a stock motor. built motor car had like 21-22psi and barely lost to me....but the stock motor car, i annihilated!
it could be sample size, but i'm just saying i wouldn't turn down a race, especially with my new setup

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQPyoAeREBs"]YouTube - LTHL VNM at TX2k8[/nomedia]
excuse the intro, it was edited wrong...but after the first minute you get street/strip action

ruthless

Established Member
Sorry but I stopped after the first turbo Cobra race. That driver just needs smacked in the head. How can he roll race and not brake boost a turbo car? :shrug:

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Sorry but I stopped after the first turbo Cobra race. That driver just needs smacked in the head. How can he roll race and not brake boost a turbo car? :shrug:

valid point, but there's some variables on the street and ultimately it's "run what ya brung"
however, with my new setup, i don't care what either of those two do.....they're lucky i didn't spray on those runs, i really would've embarrassed them.

Users who are viewing this thread