Twin Turbo or Single Turbo on Cobra:

LtDan

Lt Dan
Established Member
It actually looks (comparing Hellion vs HP) that the single set-up has a lot more piping thant he TT, by a good 3 feet and a few right angles. That's got to wreak havoc on backpressure! Not to mention that if you factor in buying the computer chip, CC plates and headers (which are included with HP), the Hellion kit is noticably more expensive. If the workmanship is equal (and I don't know if it is), it looks like this TT has a lot of advantages.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong, because I had finally convinced myself the Hellion kit was the way to go.

Blown02

Established Member
I went with twin 57s, and I did months and months of research, emailing single turbo guys, twin turbo guys, and everything. But really its all on you, and what you want...

Cobrastruk04

Blown02 said:
I went with twin 57s, and I did months and months of research, emailing single turbo guys, twin turbo guys, and everything. But really its all on you, and what you want...
thats a good way to put it. becuase for me i really didnt want to cut up my car so i went with Hellion becuase of the quality and the ease of the kit. i think its really what everyone thinks. and its all on what everyone wants to do.

For me the biggest thing is quality wether its welds piping tuning containing (heat) thats what matters to me. Ive looked at HP kits and piping and im not :bash: there kit. Great kit. but i wasnt to pleased with the welds and the piping :shrug: thats just me

Devon

Blown02

Established Member
I wasnt pleased with the customer service, old welds and other problems that they were having either.. Thats why I waited till now. The new kits are far improved, theyre customer service is getting better, and If you buy from MFP, hp talks to them every day so theyll do wahtever for ya. Besides its a proven kit, and it takes a littel while to get all the bugs out.

I didnt like how the exhaust was routed on the Hellion Kit, but hey thats just me..

Research it alot, and you will come up with what you really want.

04TURBOCOBRAX2

07 COBRA SHALL BE MINE
Established Member
not to discourage you but it will take a shitload of cash for a twin turbo set up,for all the money you will spend you can make great power with a KB set up and it wont cost half as much.i have been down that road and it is a time and money consuming process.but its all really in what you want and can afford,i am not tryin to discourage you like i said but you will be without your car for a while for the install and all the other shit that goes with it..good luck

Blown02

Established Member
04TURBOCOBRAX2 said:
not to discourage you but it will take a shitload of cash for a twin turbo set up,for all the money you will spend you can make great power with a KB set up and it wont cost half as much.i have been down that road and it is a time and money consuming process.but its all really in what you want and can afford,i am not tryin to discourage you like i said but you will be without your car for a while for the install and all the other shit that goes with it..good luck

Was this meant for me?

Blown02

Established Member
HellionCobra said:
www.hellionpowersystems.com

808 SAE HP with stock exhaust manifolds. enough said.

Nate

Not to bash, but thats not enough said...

The psi and air/fuel and timming all matter.....

What were all these at on on 808hp. Is this at the wheels or flywheel?

Im not bashing a single turbo, i just think that a twin kit would be better for a street app., say if a single and twin make the same peak #s, the twins would probably make alot more underneath the peak....

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
the hellion kit costs the same as the HP kit and uses stock headers and doesnt comes with less parts. twins i think would be much better for the street

Fast Willy

Established Member
Dont forget about the Whipple is practically the same thing as the KB but much less. You can make over 600rwhp with either of the 2 blowers.

People that have ported the eatons and sprayed have gotten these cars into the 10's.

Blown02

Established Member
SCMod46 said:
Dont forget about the Whipple is practically the same thing as the KB but much less. You can make over 600rwhp with either of the 2 blowers.

People that have ported the eatons and sprayed have gotten these cars into the 10's.

When did we start talking about superchargers? :poke:

LtDan

Lt Dan
Established Member
longrodLX said:
the hellion kit costs the same as the HP kit and uses stock headers and doesnt comes with less parts. twins i think would be much better for the street

IM (Not So) HO, forget both of those kits. Go with a single set-up from www.boostedsystems.com. The kit comes with ceramic headers, a chip, and your choice of turbo's for much less than Helion. Joe also offers a discount for military (active duty, retired, reserve or guard) members.

Singles ARE:
More reliable
Slightly less expensive
Lighter
Easier to install
:burnout:

longrodLX

Established Member
i was going to order my kit from joe until i saw the "problems" with power falling off. even though it was just the dynos. i felt safer getting the HP kit being a proven kit and i dodnt see single kits solution til after i ordered the kit. i am still excited about the kit. i ordered the 50mm kit through Tim at MPH and it should be here mid July. my buddy got the single 66mm hellion kit so i will let you know the results of both kits

LtDan

Lt Dan
Established Member
Joe's single kit doesn't come with the turbo. I would imagine that the power falling off was the result of a poorly selected turbo. I personally like to have a choice (60-1 hybrid for me), but it does give the buyer the responsibility of selecting a good turbo for the set-up instead of the company. Where did you see these "problems"?

Blown02

Established Member
I almost wen wth a single 76gts from joe at tps. After reviewing tons and tons of forums, most of the problems I found was the power falling off, and the worst part about it, is no one knows whats doing this...

Blown02

Established Member
Go to turbomustangs.com, it is all over the forums about power falling off, and its not cause of turbo selection.

Blown02

Established Member
I also didnt end up going with joes kit because the kit is custom made, as in, theyre are no others like it, as in theyre will be bugs, etc. etc. FACTS ARE FACTS, AND hp is the only proven kit so far.

And as far as reliability, where do you get off saying that a single is more reliable, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread