Twin Turbo or Single Turbo on Cobra:

Blown02

Established Member
LtDan said:
IM (Not So) HO, forget both of those kits. Go with a single set-up from www.boostedsystems.com. The kit comes with ceramic headers, a chip, and your choice of turbo's for much less than Helion. Joe also offers a discount for military (active duty, retired, reserve or guard) members.

Singles ARE:
More reliable
Slightly less expensive
Lighter
Easier to install
:burnout:

More reliable? lol, doesnt make sense

TWINS ARE:
MORE RELIABLE- CAUSE HE SAID SO-AND NIETHER ARE MORE RELIABLE
make more power under the curve
boost quicker

Look this is a question for single vs twins. I think it answers the questions when you look at races, most races dont even let twins race because its a advantage, and if theyre allowed, everyone runs them!

longrodLX

Established Member
singles are more reliable because there are less parts. not something that would steer me away from a turbo kit.

the power was falling off because once they got the rollers moving on the dyno it took away the load and the turbos lost boost

LtDan

Lt Dan
Established Member
If you have 2 cars, you will have twice the maintenance, and twice the chance something will break. The same is true with anything that has moving parts.

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
i've said it before, imo a single is the way to go. cost is less(1 less turbo and wastegate to buy). and 2 less parts that can fail(wategate and turbo, and assosiated plumbing and gaskets).

as for all this talk about bugs, it's silly.

a turbo kit is hardware. if a kit is built on your car there are less chance of fitment issues than an off the shelf kit imo. Bugs are in the car or in the tune. The hardware is the easy part. all we are talking about is bending, welding pipes and making oil lines.

Blown02

Established Member
talk about bugs? i think a 1 of kit is going to have bugs, sorry, just like the first hp kit that came out and just like everything that comes out new for the first time, everything will have minor bugs that thye will have to update, and if you get a custom kit, theyre will be no updates because no one else will have the exact same kit. If im gonna spend 10,000+ in a turbo kit, I want something thats proven, reliable, and thats gonna make huge power, not to mention if something ever does go wrong all you have to do is call them up and they will know what the problem is because theyre are many people with theyre kits on theyre cars, they wont have to fabricate anything, just send you the part right out.

Blown02

Established Member
1 of the main reasons i chose a twins over a single is because of the boost.

If you have two smaller turbos vs. 1 big turbo the smaller twins are gonna boost quicker. They might make the same peak #s, but because the twins recieve all theyre boost quicker it will make more power underneath the peak, and that will when the race.
Its enough for me when everyone told me that twins were outlawed in most racing events, but if theyre allowed they run em!

I like twins and sinlge turbos. I was a fax away from buying a single turbo from Joe at Tps, we had everything lined up...

I like both, I just choose the one I like better.

Users who are viewing this thread