Twin Turbo Lightning?

aleon

Established Member
Just thought for aproject... It is possible or even worth it to get rid of the blower and drop twin turbo in the Lightning?

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Originally posted by aleon
Just thought for aproject... It is possible or even worth it to get rid of the blower and drop twin turbo in the Lightning?

Anything is possible with the right amount of cash. Turbo's would be cool and would be more effective than a blower. However, until a L owner wants to guinea pig his truck for a turbo kit, it'll be a long time (if ever) until we see one.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Re: Re: Twin Turbo Lightning?

Originally posted by Spritle
Anything is possible with the right amount of cash. Turbo's would be cool and would be more effective than a blower. However, until a L owner wants to guinea pig his truck for a turbo kit, it'll be a long time (if ever) until we see one.

I would be more then willing to throw my truck up for the testing, I just don't have the cash to pay for any of it! -Mat-

aleon

Established Member
I've recently come across a bit of $ and I'm seriously contemplating it. I think I could pull better #'s with a TT then with a blower. I guess we'll see. If I decide to go through with it, I'll keep you guys well informed.

03CobraBro

Established Member
What would be awsome if Ford offered the choice of a TT package or a SC (for both the Cobra and the Lightning at this point)

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
some one did it to an HD i jusst dint remember who (i think it was in south carolina) it was pretty sick looking

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
It wouldn't be that hard to make one. It would just take a lot of time to make it generic and a clean install. I could do it, just don't have the $$$$$.:bash:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
some one did it to an HD i jusst dint remember who (i think it was in south carolina) it was pretty sick looking

It was a single turbo and it was in Florida. :) www.racerelated.com I think they build up Lightning motors for a very fair price too. Now only if they were closer to me. -Mat-

Users who are viewing this thread