Twin turbo Cobra (revised from single on3 thread)

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
Wastegates came today, Tial 38mm wg's with 13psi springs, probably run 13psi on street, 18psi at the track once i get a boost controller, and i intend on running open wastegates
51B6F98A-orig.gif

Tial 50mm BOV
5C32B31F-orig.gif

Both turbos mounted, now to get it all ironed out so i can work on the rest of the crap
30738812-orig.gif

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Looking good man. Yeah, I'm not sure what intercooler that is either. I've never seen that turbo kit. I didn't think there was any other low mount kit makers other than Hellion and HP.

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
finished my wire tuck, put fenders back on and mocked up the bumper, only thing i am upset about kind of, is that i need to remove my fog lights and also cut the bumper where the fog light mounts to the bumper
505D449D-orig.jpg

autometer ultralight 30psi boost gauge
DB6A0BEF-orig.gif

ford racing a/c delete pulley
79F7DEA6-orig.gif

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
well, it looks like i should of maybe changed that fuel filter a little sooner.... this is kind of disgusting...
673EEEDA-orig.gif

started to coat the wheels in Plasti-dip, i figure id do the rear wheels first for now, and if i dont like how it looks, i can always just peel it off, but i think they look great, and the chrome is destroyed on my wheels anyways
8484F00C-orig.gif

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Some great news finally on the "final" stages of the build. My Lethal Performance Budget Return fuel system came in today. All of it looks like such amazing quality parts. This utilizes the stock lines and rails which is the limiting factory on power production at this point, but there is an upgrade kit with bigger feed lines and rails that i will probably buy next winter.
C611604E-orig.gif

The new style Division X Fuel hat with black E85 safe anodized coating
E14CB36D-orig.gif

A469340B-orig.gif

Walbro GSS342 255LPH fuel pumps, can be upgraded eventually to the Stealth 340 pumps or 400 pumps
85969176-orig.gif

OEM style connectors on the wiring harness
6961D790-orig.gif

Magnafuel/ Division X FPR with 0-100psi FPG
C754FF8A-orig.gif

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Going to be getting the budget kit myself. I was going to see about swapping out to the 400lph pumps and a -8 return line right off the bat that way I can just swap the feed line and rail down the road and be set to go.

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
The budget kit has been really exceptional so far. all parts were top quality and even with the 255lph pumps, it is supposedly rated to about 750hp with stock rails and lines; and can support more with lines and rails further down the road. i plan to eventually upgrade to the 400lph pumps also but it will probably be 2 or 3 yrs down the road, i have a lot id like to do still. i would love to do a auto swap, 5.3L stroker with the FRPP Boss iron block, and some MMR stg 4 turbo cams with ported heads, and a Moser M9 rear axle. the work done this year was basically just to open up the car and make some big improvments till i can afford real major work. :) cant wait to drive it though, it should be a monster compared to the last 2 years ive had it

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Understandable for sure. And nothing wrong with doing things in stages. Makes the fun last over a longer period of time ;)

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Finally time for an update... Ordered a Kirkey Intermediate Drag seat (still need to get one for the passenger side but that can wait since i really dont have anyone to be a passenger anyways), HPX slot style MAF, a bunch of crap from silicone intakes, all the remaining flanges i needed, scavenging pump from Turbowerx, Seimans 80# injectors, oil feed lines, air filters, and a 6 point chromoly roll cage and a few other little goodies here and there, all i need to do is get oil return lines once i know lengths and sizes ill need, harnesses, spark plugs, a tune, and fluids and that should be about it, it seems i may be on schedule for my May 1st deadline but worst case scenario, i run a little over schedule and finish in mid may instead.

Users who are viewing this thread