Twin turbo Cobra (revised from single on3 thread)

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
Parts came in, yay! only need a throttle cable, oil return lines, and a few little cheap pieces i could probably pick up used or from a junk yard easily...
crappy pictures of the roll cage, cant wait to put up installed pics
6B5981FA-orig.gif

86B0648B-orig.gif

Turbosmart Boost-Tee in cabin boost controller
FA8E64EA-orig.gif

8D408787-orig.gif

Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold Block
EDB568E5-orig.gif

Some flanges for down pipes and wastegates
8F359148-orig.gif

730B5C21-orig.gif

80# High Impedance injectors
EDEFD703-orig.gif

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
finished wiring the new PMAS HPX MAF into the car, used a 2006 mustang gt maf harness, its nice cuz it condenses the IAT and MAF into a single sensor, im using 3.5" intake tubing so it should be good for about 750whp im told, also finished removing all of the wiring for the factory retunless fuel system and almost done wiring up the new Lethal/ Division X return style one. next week the Cobra will basically sit around and get nothing done to it because we FINALLY got the shit for me to put Codys engine together, hope to have that done and out of the way next week. Only 3 weeks left in school and the only things really left to do is a little bit of wiring, routing some PS lines and electrical shit in the engine bay, vacuum lines, and oil lines, weld the cage, and making seat mount brackets. then the car will be done mechanically and id just need a tune and fluids

f2hatch

Established Member
Looking great. Cant wait to see a video of the first startup. what rear tires are those?

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
scaled the car today and im actually impressed, scaled at around 2960 and the only things really lacking is a passenger seat which will also be a kirkey, and the carpet was out but i weighed that seperate and it was only about 22 pounds, so either way, the car will still tip in just over or under 3000.
39129496-orig.jpg

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
damn, so im a little over 50 pounds off from you, not too bad, if i switch to an aluminum block, thats 80 more pounds, what id really like is to get minimal weight without making it too much of a race car/ pile of shit for the street so that i can stay around 700-800whp and compete with heavier but more powerful cars.

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
so i got my base tune the other day but there is still soooo much to do, it seems like its never over lol, i finish one task ans i realize i have 10 more, but its slowly getting there, 70 hr work weeks of nights and evenings doesnt help either, sorry for the wait everyone...

michael.heying

Established Member
Doing a great job with the build. I love these terminators!!!! Just bough one yesterday.

Any advice on where to scale mine ? Maybe like a quick trip gas station ?

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
i scaled mine on a set of scales for a race car lol, they are like $1500 or so, but you could get a generalized weight from a lot of the truck stops if they will let you scale it. you wont get numbers like i have, but you could at least find your overall weight. to give you an idea, my car was a little over 3800 pounds when i bought it, then it was around 3600, then i got it to 3434, and finally to 2950, and i hope to do a bit more eventually, but i may also still go auto which would add about 100 or so pounds

Users who are viewing this thread