Twin Turbo 5.4 DOHC Mystichrome

VETTKLR

Established Member
Check out my badass sig that ryan071587 hooked me up with....

vettklr.jpg

Thanks a million, Ryan! :coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman:

mosconiac

Established Member
Yeah, and I got flamed by management for a sig about that size (a single, non-animated pic without any supporting text). Wonder if you'll get the same focused attention I did...BTW my sig options have been disallowed as a result.

Last edited:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Car's doing great! I cruise the hell out of it at least 100miles per trip...Cold-ass AC, cruise set, jammin out to my favorite tunes...

Damn shame my street car has twice as much power as my race car :D
:lol:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Beautiful car man! I just hate cowl hoods on our cars...maybe I'm Un-American! :shrug:

EDIT: Wow I'm about a year late on this one. Thought I was the one who revived it once I noticed...glad to see I wasn't lol.

Last edited:

amilcarbello07

Established Member
Hood paint

Hey vettkiller can u email me I wanna know something about when u painted ur hood man thanks cuz I also have a mystichrome
By the way u have the sickest cobra

VETTKLR

Established Member
Thank you very much for the props! I'm sure glad to see that the Terminators are still getting love, after almost 7 years! :rockon:

KC/COBRA, here's a daylight vid of it against a Twin Turbo 402" Formula

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMBuYstHnQ"]YouTube - TT cobra vs TT Formula[/nomedia]

Unfortunately, the footage is all Formula :-D I showed up to get down with a turbo/nitrous/methanol Vette...but it blew up the night before. So, a buddy of mine rolled into town with his TT Formula on 9psi and pump gas. I was gunning for the aforementioned blown up Vette, so I already had about 5 gallons of 109 mixed with pump so I could crank up the boost.

1st race: I didn't brake boost and that big 402 caught me by surprise, so as soon as I hit 3rd, I hit the high boost switch to 17psi and walked him.

2nd race: I was gonna be prepared to not let him jump out on me again, so I brake boosted up on low boost (10psi) and he didn't hear the horn honking. My wastegates open to atmosphere, so it gets loud under boost.

3rd race: Cameraman yelled out the count and I got a decent brake boost launch on him. Turns out...10psi from a 5.4 does NOT make more power than 9psi from a 402, so I hit the 17psi button on him again when I hit 4th to steal another win :-D

After that, my buddy Wes in the Formula was all about getting some high octane gas for his rig to try it again, but it started sprinkling on us...thank God :lol1: That Formula did 1001hp @ 19psi and mine dyno'd 954hp @ 22 psi, blowing out the spark.

amilcarbello07, the paint is easy money. There's no tricks or voodoo about it. The hard part is just jumping through the hoops to acquire the stuff. After that, it lays down like a champ. Hell, my painter just painted the hood and intercooler piping with the paint he received, with the car nowhere near his shop to match the paint. We bolted it all down and it all matches the rest of the car perfectly! :coolman:

Thanks again, everyone! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

PAH!!!! :rockon:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Beautiful car man! I just hate cowl hoods on our cars...maybe I'm Un-American! :shrug:

Nah man, I hear ya! The stock Terminator hood is badass! I ended up needing a little more room under there to clear that big Sullivan intake :beer:

When I first started posting pics of this rig on my local sites, a lot of people weren't feeling the 4" HO Fibertrends hood, either. But when they saw the car in person, they all thought it looked badass. You can see right over it perfectly. It just extends up a little bit past the wipers...kinda' like sitting in a laid back WS6 TA seat is what I compare it to. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread