twin tubro compound system

c6vette

Established Member
I would be running my kit compound at first, but a non compound would be a possible long term goal after the engine has been upgraded.

Removing the Supercharger will remove well over 50lbs off the front in addition to the reduced parasitic HP loss from the supercharger belt. Thus allowing all 16lbs of boost be from the Turbos instead of 8/8 psi. BUT from the dyno comparison below... it seems that not much HP was sucked in by the supercharger at Max power.:shrug:

Only downside is all the bottom end HP loss and HUGE amounts of bottom end TQ loss... which not sure how much of this could/can be picked up with smaller ball bearing turbos. Comparing Dyno graphs ....

Hellion TT Compound: @17psi
@3k rpms.....400rwhp/750 TQ
Max.............711rwhp/736 TQ

Hellion TT Non-Compound: @17 psi
@3k rpms.....200 rwhp/375 TQ................-200 rwhp/-375 TQ
Max.............800 rwhp/727 TQ................+89 rwhp/-9 TQ

By far the Compound is the better performer at only 17 psi. The lack of power under 3k would be very noticable.... make that Highly.:pop:

What is even more interesting is the fact that comparing the Turbo dyno sheets to an equally or even more modded 3.4 whipple dyno sheet is that the Hellion kit makes MORE TQ at 3k rpms. (2.9 whipple shows ~80+ less TQ at 3k rpms than the 3.4 Whipple/KB Stage 3 is about = in numbers to the 2.9 Whipple@3k rpms) So people claiming they picked the KB/Whipple because it has more TQ/power at lower rpm... this claim is not backed up on the dyno.

***Average taken from numbers from several dyno sheets of equally modded vehicles with the same type of supercharger*** (Individual results may vary.)

Sounds like traction control...

Burque97

Established Member
To the OP:

I would just give them a call with any questions or anything. In my dealings with them they have always been very nice and knowledgeable (as well as actually ANSWERING the phone).

But I would hurry, I saw something on their site about the price of that kit going up pretty soon.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
+1, john is more than excited to talk to you about the products and will answer your questions. i kept john on the phone for about an hour the day i bought my kit..lol..

as far as dealing with vendors, hellion is truly a class act and all of the guys there i have dealt with have bent over backwards to take care of me.:beer:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
If James is MR TT...then you should just call me Big Papa!! As in giving out spankings!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread