Twin Disc in T45

the anti-rice

Established Member
Anyone running one in their T45? Ive got a turbo setup in the works and need to beef up the tranny. I dont think my Spec2 will work :D I plan on tuning it to 600+rwhp and need something that will hold that power. What are the pros and cons to the twin disc or should I stick with a single? The price of the McLeod twin doesnt look too appealing :shrug: Any other clutch suggestions?

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
agreed the t45 wont last long if you do any power shifting or hard launches. i had a t45 last a while but i didnt launch with slicks ever and never power shifted. once you start doing that it goes down hill fast. the 03 cobra cluth is pretty dang impressive beleive it or not, there's a couple local guys running them with 600+ tq with launches at the track. i run a centerforce dual friction, it came with the tranny, and i like how its not so harsh yet still holds the power.

the anti-rice

Established Member
That was another thing I was debating. I was gonna upgrade the shift forks and the input shaft on the T45. Or sell the T45 and put the money toward a T56. Ill do a search and see what all is involved in the swap and the cost of it.

Quin

Established Member
That was another thing I was debating. I was gonna upgrade the shift forks and the input shaft on the T45. Or sell the T45 and put the money toward a T56. Ill do a search and see what all is involved in the swap and the cost of it.

T56 swap ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread