Twin disc experience needed

basspro302

Established Member
Im either going to install a rst twin disc or exeedy single disc. The car is procharger 3.31 gear. My question is will the twin disc rattle or chatter when cruising low rpm? I spend a majority of my time driving around 1100-1900rpm.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I have the RXT so I'm sure it's similar. But yes there is a little rattle at low speeds(too faint to bother me). And there is the noise it makes when you lug it below 1800rpm's. I wouldn't call it chatter, more like a fine drivetrain vibration.
With this said, the light and smooth pedal effort make up for it.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
What he said. Mine is set up with a tvs aND does make a little noise when being pulled does but it is easy to keep it from happening. Well worth the issue. I love mine.

basspro302

Established Member
Thanks for the opinions. Like I said I spend alof of time in low rpms I'm just not sure if I can take any more noise with the procharger and loud exhaust as I daily drive this year round. It's quiet now cruising 1200ish rpms at 40-45 mph.

Would anyone recommend a exeddy Mach clutch as its full faced and has a sprung hub?

basspro302

Established Member
It's not an issue for me, I usually drive like that to work put it in 6th at 45mph. It's mostly flat where I live so I don't really lug the engine. With the 28" tall rear tires I usually spin under 2000rpms on the highway

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I just installed the RXT and so far it doesn't make any noise. This is also with a McLeod lightened steel flywheel and there braided clutch line. This is a TVS car with 82mm pulley. I love how grippy it feels and the pedal feels good kinda like stock but more positive with the engagement.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

basspro302

Established Member
I just installed the RXT and so far it doesn't make any noise. This is also with a McLeod lightened steel flywheel and there braided clutch line. This is a TVS car with 82mm pulley. I love how grippy it feels and the pedal feels good kinda like stock but more positive with the engagement.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Really no noise? I always hear that there is noise from the trans because it's not a sprung hub.

What type of power are you putting down Basspro? Is the car tracked at all, or mainly street driven?

My car is procharged on a 4.25 pulley so I would guess around 600whp. I mainly drive on the street and plan to take it to the track a few times.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I only get a little noise from the RXT every now and then, nothing constant (at least not that can be heard over the full exhaust and BRRV)

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I have a fresh built engine so I haven't put a bunch of miles on it yet as I'm still getting it all sorted. But when I did some break in/test runs with some stop and go around my area it was quite. I drive it like the stock clutch, pretty much let it out until it starts to grab and give it gas and so far it's been surprisingly smooth. All the reading I did before I bought it had me anticipating the chatter at low rpm and having to slip it a little more. As I put more miles on it I will give an update. I'm hoping it stays like it is because even in stop in go traffic I don't think it will be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread