Twelve U.S. states urge Biden to back phasing out gas-powered vehicle sales by 2035

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
When the schmuck politicians rely on EV for ALL of their transportation needs, I'll consider EV. Something tells me the walking liver spot doesn't care about pollution from AF1 nor his entourage of gasoline powered vehicles when he is out pandering.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I realized that after I posted tapajunk keeps putting old threads on my top like there new but old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I’m glad you did, looking back it’s been a year and the US EV Car Sales have gone up 1% from what I was able to find. At that rate they have a lot of work to do to meet their goals. Lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
no matter how hard they try they’ll never be able to completely phase out gas/diesel vehicles
As much as I detest EVs and the pushing of them on the consumer, the push to 100% EVs is gaining momentum. It wasn't that long ago we never expected auto manufacturers to phase out ICEs in favor of EVs.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are new technologies that are emerging that give the ICE a lot of life.
Either way, I will never own/lease/rent a EV.
I will keep my ICE vehicle and raise a middle finger to the "man".

cobra1718

Established Member
Seriously disappointed in NC right now, that's always been my landing spot if I was gonna leave FL

At this point we're basically just shoveling shit from one big bag into a bunch of smaller bags, ridiculous exercise.
That’s what happens with a democratic governor

4.698gt

Established Member
So I realize this thread is a year old but let's start with cruise lines. Sewage, solid waste, air pollution you name it, it's finding its way off of a cruise line.
Edit: estimated air pollution is approximately 1 million cars per day...... And we push to get rid of ICE?

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m excited for when it comes.

ICE cars will skyrocket in value, EVs will continue to be expensive, and all the poor people with broke down shit will suffer worse.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I wonder why there’s not a bigger push for hybrids?
Hybrid technology has improved since the Gen1 Prius.
Could it be possible you could fuel up a 10 gallon tank, get 10 full charges from the ICE when the battery runs low( total speculation here) Possible 1000 miles per “tank”?
Less pollution, blah blah blah….

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The governors in each of those states should just go ahead and do it for their states now, today.
giphy.gif

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
The mining, refining, transportation and disposal of electric car components negates any positive environmental impact they have.
How about just charging, where do these snowflakes think that electricity comes from... The vast majority of power in this country still comes from fossel fuels (Coal and natural gas), which they are also so against. You're burning fossel fuels to power your super clean electric car dumbass!

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I wonder why there’s not a bigger push for hybrids?
Hybrid technology has improved since the Gen1 Prius.
Could it be possible you could fuel up a 10 gallon tank, get 10 full charges from the ICE when the battery runs low( total speculation here) Possible 1000 miles per “tank”?
Less pollution, blah blah blah….

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I have the Fusion Energi plug in and the best I have gotten is 1100 on 13 gallons.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If these ****ing idiot states want it that badly, why don't they lead by example and mandate it in their own states, first? Nothing stopping them from doing that on their own. Unless they think, or know, they can't get it passed even in their own state legislatures, so they need the government to force it down everyone's throats.

Oh, yeah, right: if they can't force everyone to do it, it won't work for them either. And it scores no political prestige points.

Sorry about the language. Just not in the mood for this horseshit right now.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Hydro plants generate a lot more power than nuclear plants.

List of largest power stations - Wikipedia

Three Gorges Hydro Plant can generate over 18 times the power of a nuclear plant like Fermi in Michigan.

Tidal Power Plants have the potential to dwarf the output of Three Gorges by magnitudes. There's a lot more energy in the ocean compared to a river.

5 largest tidal power projects proposed for a green future - Green Diary - A comprehensive guide to sustainable hacks, green tips, and eco suggestions

I find it remarkable you trust Chinese power production estimates. Three gorges is failing, ask any geologist, there a shock waves coming from that dam every day. And I'd bet money it has never, ever, produced more than 1/3rd it's rated power. If it were, China wouldn't have a production problem, just a distribution problem.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
Pissed as shit that my native state is joining this crap. I hate EVs. I will NEVER buy one.

And if NC joins this nonsense at the state level, then I'm out of here.
What do you expect from Roy's office? Our state's urban areas are growing RAPIDLY, and you know what that means when it comes to who's in control in Raleigh.

Maybe we can get a common-sense governor in there in 2024. At least Roy can't run again, thankfully, until 2028. By then, though, there'll probably be someone worse.

Users who are viewing this thread