Tvs with hellraiser

SVT DAN

Established Member
Don't get excited cause I don't have that. But I was thinking since the hellraiser is designed for roots style, would the tvs be more of a........ Realistic achievement or would it be not as good, for lack of a better word like when matched with a kb or whipple?

04svtsnke

Established Member
It's a roots-style blower so the seals blowing out shouldn't be an issue. Since its a bit more efficient than the previous gen blowers I'd like to see some results. I'm surprised hellion hasn't come up with one yet as the kit should fit without any issues.

SVTDice

Established Member
This sounds like a good idea. Just wonder if somebody would pony up enough cash for something like this.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I don't see this as being that hard but I hear compound boost more for ooooo factor than the awwww factor.....

Tell that to the guy deep in the 9s running a 6 rib belt and still running a 6speed.

Compound boost systems work great when built and tuned correctly.

Corey is another who has it dialed in considering I believe he won KOTS a few years back.

Ken

SVT DAN

Established Member
I would guess you'd have to use like lowest boost setting possible on tvs and built block. Maybe stock lower? I just think it would be a monster street car.

TRBO VNM

I would guess you'd have to use like lowest boost setting possible on tvs and built block. Maybe stock lower? I just think it would be a monster street car.

Even with the eaton is a monster street car. They are no joke when setup properly, but there is a lot involved if you want to do it right.

SVT DAN

Established Member
Is there a like restriction of boost with the m112? As far as pulley size. My ultimate goal is to go hellion. Just thought it would be unstoppable with the tvs. But probably more of a chance of blowing your motor up.

SVTDice

Established Member
From my understanding. At a certain point the m112 Eaton's efficiency was holding the whole twin turbo's back due to its low efficiency Around 55-65%. The new TVS Eaton has a much more efficient rating so around 80+% from my understanding.So that problem would be gone. Allowing a much more around all robust setup.

This is all in theory, Anybody got any other ideas?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
roots type blowers are constant volume machines. They take a given volume of air at the inlet and move it to the outlet. If its atmospheric (sea level) pressure of 14.7 or if its naturally inflated by turbos to 20 psi at the inlet of the blower, its gonna take that volume of air and move it regrdless. There for the blower doesnt ever become a restriction except for the HP to turn the blower.

coposrv

Established Member
The mid range on the compound boost cars is insane. Makes a much better street car. I would trade 100 RWHP peak for an additional 100 RWHP at 3200-4500.

cbr repsol

Established Member
While a tvs and twins would be cool,I don't see the need. Years ago when it was tested In a magazine. With the m112 it made like 1100 rwhp spinning the wheels on the dyno. They also had people sitting in the rear and on the trunk if I remember right?

Users who are viewing this thread