TVS vs Whipple HEAT output

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Has anyone compared the heat put out by these two? I am trying to go either TVS 2.3 or Whipple 2.9 this fall. I am wondering which one puts off less heat/suffers from heat soak? Anything is better than the heat soak the Eaton goes thru! Thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
First and foremost, what boost levels you plan on running? I assume a decent amount since your considering the 2.9?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Only 17-19lbs. But I want the ability to increase it down the road without having to purchase a bigger blower.

I hear you, I was in the same situation. As you probably already know the 2.9 shines when running higher boost. I think where you live and the heat you deal with down there both blowers will probably be similar.

cj428mach

Established Member
Only 17-19lbs. But I want the ability to increase it down the road without having to purchase a bigger blower.

Better read some of Malcolm's posts. He'll tell you the 2.9 is pretty weak feeling until you get it north of 20psi.

stangfreak

Established Member
I have owned 4 twinscrews. If your going to run a big twinscrew at low boost your going to be disappointed. Heat? They all make heat and get heat soaked. The really big blowers at high boost will produce high iat2 temps.

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Leaning towards the TVS. At 17-19 lbs I think I can get right at the 600hp that I am aiming for. Car makes 480hp/490tq now on 2.76, exhaust, CAI, SBTB, Mafia and tune.

racebronco2

Established Member
They may call Eaton's heaton but those are the people whom regurgitate what others are saying. I have never had so high ait's since i went with the Whipple. I mostly open track the car so it's running hard for about 20 minutes at a time. Basically the nore hp you make the more heat is generated. Our car's grill opening is marginal at stock boost levels making 360rwhp+-. With simple bolt-on 480rwhp is common which is 33% over stock. With a Whipple 50%hp increase is the norm. You can see why our cars get hot while going wot.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I've had a KB, 2.3 whipple and now have a TVS. The KB's run considerably hotter than the other two which is why I got rid of it. The whipple and TVS are very comparable in temp and power. I ran right around 19lbs on all three blowers. I only sold the whipple because I got somewhat of a good deal on it when they first came out and I was just curious. I'm happy with that decision.

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Thanks everybody. Sounds like the TVS is the right choice for me. 1/4 mile track 7-8 times a year, 1/8 mile probably 10 times a year, and very little Mexico runs. Only put about 2.5-3k miles a year on it.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I honestly never see a huge spike in temps if I do a hard pull with my 3.4 Whipple. At cruising speed, my IAT2 sits about 10* higher than my IAT1's. After a hard pull it might jump 5-8* max. Also, to those who say these big blowers are a dog down low and have a lag are talking out of their ass and obviously have no experience with them. Yes these big blowers do "shine" in high boost setups because they are designed to reach those levels but really sacrifice next to nothing down low.

racebronco2

Established Member
I would like to see data that proves your ait1 and ait2 are only 10* difference with out the chiller killer. If it was with the chiller killer you should really mention that because this discussion was not comparing the chiller killer to a non chiller killer set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread