TVS Upgrade from Roush

MYGT500

Established Member
69b302 said:
The TVS is now showing as avialable on Roush Performance. 120hp gain with a $5,600 price tag. I imagine other HP options will be out soon. I beleive the TVS will fit without notching the hood and you can keep the strut brace. suppose to be as good as a twin screw, but no patent costs.

www.roushperf.com
store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1012

I wonder if the 120 hp is at the crank or rear wheels?..A KB is about 300 bucks more,and adds 200-300 hp at the rear wheels,although i do like the TVS fit...more like stock..

GT500R

Established Member
MYGT500 said:
I wonder if the 120 hp is at the crank or rear wheels?..A KB is about 300 bucks more,and adds 200-300 hp at the rear wheels,although i do like the TVS fit...more like stock..

its crank, since they talk about it already having 500 CRANK hp

and yes, I don't see the point in buying that Supercharger since pulley/tune/intake give MORE hp

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
BFD! I wouldn't waste my time to "upgrade" to another roots blower. That is BS! If anybody buys this over a KB or whipple, they are retarded.

sprint200

Established Member
Ford is supposed to cover the warranty, I know the shop that is contracted to do ALL the repair work.

For about $500 bucks less you can forget the warranty and get over 740hp at the crank.

Dave this is NOT you father's roots. It is more efficient than a twin screw (76%).

And to me, not cutting up the hood is a big deal.

Ps. the whipple may not happen...?

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the whipple is being release soon...but I still wouldn't change the hood to accomodate it.

NO way that this roots is more efficient than the twin screw.

All I am saying is that I am making more crank HP than that kit and all I have is a pulley, tune and cai.

If you are going to spend 6K on a blower swap, i'd go for the one that makes over 800 crank HP (at 15psi) on pump 93 octane.

I would put a pulley on the car before that blower.

sprint200

Established Member
But putting a pulley on the stock blower compounds the heatsoak issues of the old roots design. This new unit does not have those problems. And yes, I've been told that it is more efficient by someone who rebuilds Lysholms.

As far as the price.....I'm pretty bummed about that though. I don't want to change the pulley because I'll be road racing in the south in the summer heat. The comparable KB (stage 2, I think) means I have to notch my hood.... So where does that leave me?

Here are a few pic's of Roush's engineering prototype that was on display this weekend at the OKC National Mustang show.

tvs03kc3.jpg

tvs02su4.jpg

tvs01vm1.jpg

I'll see if I cant't snap a fwe pic's of the rotors before it goes back to Roush.

king ranch

Banned
sprint200 said:
But putting a pulley on the stock blower compounds the heatsoak issues of the old roots design. This new unit does not have those problems. And yes, I've been told that it is more efficient by someone who rebuilds Lysholms.

As far as the price.....I'm pretty bummed about that though. I don't want to change the pulley because I'll be road racing in the south in the summer heat. The comparable KB (stage 2, I think) means I have to notch my hood.... So where does that leave me?

Here are a few pic's of Roush's engineering prototype that was on display this weekend at the OKC National Mustang show.

tvs03kc3.jpg

tvs02su4.jpg

tvs01vm1.jpg

I'll see if I cant't snap a fwe pic's of the rotors before it goes back to Roush.
THAT blower won't add 120hp at 8.5psi either, so just pulley your stocker and stop whining, or KB it.

sprint200

Established Member
It can add 240hp and I'm not whining, I'm conversing....

Ps. Why quote the pic's?

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
sprint200 said:
But putting a pulley on the stock blower compounds the heatsoak issues of the old roots design. This new unit does not have those problems.
you're going to get heat soak eventually on any of the 3 supercharger's. My car makes more power on the dyno after back to back pulls with the pulley on. The only way to eliminate heat soak is to ditch the s/c and go n/a.

And yes, I've been told that it is more efficient by someone who rebuilds Lysholms.
ever heard the phrase; believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see. Tell him to show you evidence and facts and then still dispute it until you see non biased 3rd party results.

I'd buy a second stock hood if you are worried about notching it, or you could space the hood in the back so it sits up higher and doesn't need to be cut. If you're swapping a supercharger, I don't see what the big deal about cutting a small hole in the hood is...it's not like you can see the cut from the outside. The price of the roush kit is comparable to the KB stage 3 (KB is $299 more), which includes more stuff. (throttle body, maf.ia, boost a pump, xcal)

At the end of the day you're going to do what you feel is right...but I can tell you this, you'll be dissapointed that you spent 6K on a blower upgrade to be getting passed by pullied stock blowers and blown away by KB'd cars.

Last edited:

sprint200

Established Member
All very good points. Thank you for your insight. (When I said comparable I meant hp not price)

I'll have some time to dwell on this because a torque arm and watts link are first on my spending list.....:D

MYGT500

Established Member
i've got the stage 3 KB...the hood cut can be completely hidden by the hood pad,if you ever want to return to stock{although you'd be silly to do it}
A 10 second car for 6 k extra is hard to beat.

69b302

Established Member
The rumor is a 800Hp TVS package will be avialable soon. This package will not have a warranty. I agree that you need to be adding 200-300 to warrant a supercharger upgrade. A 120 hp gain can be had much cheaper.

sprint200

Established Member
tmhutch said:
Is that a naturally aspirated 5.4 intake in the background??
If I remember correctly, and I wasn't paying much attention to it..., that was an Allen twin screw for a 4.6l 2v mustang.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Sorry to revive a 4.5 year old thread, but I found it by accident....and the comments made me laugh.

This is a great example of how people look ignorant when they know nothing about a "new" product. HAHAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread