TVS tune, what would you do?

mbreaux05

Established Member
I'll be pulling the trigger on the VMP TVS stage 2 kit here in the near future.

I'd like to get your vote on the tune.

The kit is being installed at Triangle speed shop (TSS) in orange,tx

Options:

1. Get the base tune from VMP, and TSS will data log and send the logs back to justin, for a final revision.

2. Have TSS do the entire tune at their shop on their dyno.

Both options will cost around the same price.

The car is my DD and longevity/reliability is more the focus, over track times and max HP. The plan is to do the 85mm or 82mm pulley with a tune putting about 550ish rwhp.

So, what would you do in my situation? Vmp tunes from justin, or have Daniel at TSS do a custom dyno??

Also if you have the VmP kit, please chime in on how it's treating you!

Hooah!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would let justin tune it and that way if you add mods to the car in the future or change pulleys he will be able to update your tune for free. you are paying for it anyways might as well use it.

nonliberal

Established Member
I'll be pulling the trigger on the VMP TVS stage 2 kit here in the near future.

I'd like to get your vote on the tune.

The kit is being installed at Triangle speed shop (TSS) in orange,tx

Options:

1. Get the base tune from VMP, and TSS will data log and send the logs back to justin, for a final revision.

2. Have TSS do the entire tune at their shop on their dyno.

Both options will cost around the same price.

The car is my DD and longevity/reliability is more the focus, over track times and max HP. The plan is to do the 85mm or 82mm pulley with a tune putting about 550ish rwhp.

So, what would you do in my situation? Vmp tunes from justin, or have Daniel at TSS do a custom dyno??

Also if you have the VmP kit, please chime in on how it's treating you!

Hooah!

Not even a question. Have TSS do the entire thing from start to finish. They are a VERY reputable shop.

My VMP kit has been flawless to this point. Justin is excellent as well, but if it's already going to be at TSS, just have them do it.

Last edited:

Notfast2012

Established Member
I am very happy with TSS tune. I had two cars tuned by them and both made great numbers and performed very well. My current car has a tvs with TSS tune for street and track. They can also revise a tune when you have future mods. Drivability is like stock and is a blast to drive with all the torque.

mechanicboy

Established Member
AED does sound like a great idea lol.

If your going to have it on a dyno at a tuning shop you might as well have them do it.

Bud

Established Member
Looks like TSS has been tuning some great running cars lately. If their drivability tuning is good why not support your local business?

JTS

Established Member
I watched a TSS car with a TVS run 9:60 this weekend needless to say they will be doing my tune when I get my roush

cb900f

Established Member
I'll be getting a tune on Thursday @ 8am from TSS. Mods include TVS, 82mm, JLT, off road-x, 65mm frpp throttle body. I'll post up after.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I have a Roush kit via VMP. Justin's tuning has been excellent. For four mods and at 4000+lbs, Justin has my car running really well imo. He is my tuner, period. You might ask if those shops ever calaborate. I wouldn't be surprised if they do. If so, maybe you could use Justin's base tune & then have the local boys tweak it in on a dyno. Just a thought.

mbreaux05

Established Member
I'll be getting a tune on Thursday @ 8am from TSS. Mods include TVS, 82mm, JLT, off road-x, 65mm frpp throttle body. I'll post up after.

Yeah man let me know. I do hear good things about TSS at the track. And Justin's world known for his tvs tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread