TVS Powered GT Trouble Code

torridgoat05

Established Member
well after a couple of days of the weather being below 30 degrees up here in NY, my car started throwing a trouble code. I plugged my SCT tuner up to it and its saying its for a cylinder #2 misfire. Ive had the blower on the car for 5K with no problems..car still feels like its running fine,any ideas what could be causing the misfire? car is still under warranty from ROUSH

kevinp

Established Member
Manual trans?

A few guys were having crank relearn issues after clutches were replaced, if you had any clutch work done recently that may be the problem.

If its on on the stock Roush tune I doubt you hurt anything, if it were me I'd pull out the #2 plug and the ones next to it and have a look, if it all looks normal then clear the code and see what happens. I have been driving mine in sub 30 degree weather with no issues, except the summer only Goodyear F1s and cold streets = the traction control going nuts sometimes.

torridgoat05

Established Member
well the code ending up clearing itself, ill be pulling the plug tomorrow before i take it back out on the road..what indicators should i be looking for?

kevinp

Established Member
well the code ending up clearing itself, ill be pulling the plug tomorrow before i take it back out on the road..what indicators should i be looking for?

It should be tan or white, if its black and oily or has some of the electrode melted off thats a bad sign. I would take a couple other plugs out and if they all look the same I wouldnt worry too much about it. These have very sensitive misfire detection so if a cylinder goes away the cats dont melt down.

Users who are viewing this thread