Tvs numbers on a safe tune

asierra1

Established Member
Awesome numbers...as soon as I get my gt500 tb bolts from VMP I'll be taking mine up to HPP for a dyno also.

Many does a great job and will give you a very safe tune on pump gas. He'll do multiple runs and get everything totally dialed in, then let it cool down for the final pull. He spent a lot more time on the car than previous tuners.

86mudstang

Established Member
That's good to hear... Everyone says HPP is the best in dfw.. I'm also gonna go with them for my clutch and input shaft install

asierra1

Established Member
The E85 tune will be done sometime in October. I'm really hoping for some good numbers out of it. Being that the car is driven occasionally and tacked every now and then, I'm not after huge power numbers, and being a dyno queen. The fun to drive factor is what I,m after, and believe me, the car is an absolute animal. It blows the crappy, but new, nitto 555's up at 70 with a hard 3rd gear punch.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The E85 tune will be done sometime in October. I'm really hoping for some good numbers out of it. Being that the car is driven occasionally and tacked every now and then, I'm not after huge power numbers, and being a dyno queen. The fun to drive factor is what I,m after, and believe me, the car is an absolute animal. It blows the crappy, but new, nitto 555's up at 70 with a hard 3rd gear punch.

your current hp and tq intersection at 5250rpm is about 530. you should get that intersection up to around 640 at least on the e85 tune. trust me...thats not "dyno queen" smoke and mirrors. it will make your current gas tune feel like you're standing still. you're going to need a much better rear tire, especially with winter approaching.

asierra1

Established Member
Agreed. I just use the nittos for street duty, and et drags for the track. I might have to splurge for some r888s, but I will be leaving the country for at least a year in march. I can't really justify spending the money

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Great numbers.....Congrats!!! My tvs did 621wrhp and 575 rwt at 17 degrees. I am at 19.8 pounds of boost on 93 octane!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Wow good numbers. Now put that massive fuel system to use. 80's should be good to 750-800 on E85.

I am at 733/682 on e85.
The 80s are maxed out.
When other things are taken care of I will upgrade to IDs or 105s.

weaselp1

Established Member
Just so you know i hate every single one of you guys that has access to E85 at the Pump That is all ...........lol

Same here...I dont live in the sticks but there are only 2 stations in the Milwaukee area near me...I would love to go to corn, but I dont want to worry about how far I can drive from home.... :shrug:

asierra1

Established Member
I feel yalls pain, but about a year ago, we had two stations pop up selling corn. Limited range is a large factor when determining whether or not to switch. That's why I'll have tunes for both types of fuel loaded onto my sct. Pump for longer trips, and corn for around town.

Nolimit

Established Member
how long will the stock motor last making 700hp to the wheels?

reason i ask is.... i need to rebuild my engine and have been looking at the TVS and since there is a e85 station by my house its a no brainer, but i want to rebuild the engine so it can hold that power and more. Suggestions?

BTW NICE NUMBERS OP!! I HOPE TO BE THERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
how long will the stock motor last making 700hp to the wheels?

reason i ask is.... i need to rebuild my engine and have been looking at the TVS and since there is a e85 station by my house its a no brainer, but i want to rebuild the engine so it can hold that power and more. Suggestions?

BTW NICE NUMBERS OP!! I HOPE TO BE THERE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!

I have been over 700 for more than 2 years.
Good fuel and a great tune help the longevity of a motor but have been deep in the 600 range for many years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread