Tvs numbers on a safe tune

asierra1

Established Member
Ok so I finally got the car on the dyno and it sure as Hell surprised me. With 16* of timing and a very safe 11.5 a/f, it put down 612/555 at 19psi. I'll be going back for a much more aggressive e85 tune here pretty soon.

Mods are tvs 2.3 with a dragon tb, 3.2/4lb, mac headers, o/r x, bassani cb, aeromotive a1000 fuel system, 80lb injectors.

6u6utuqy.jpg

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Great numbers!! What was your fuel issue you were having before your tune? Was it tune related or something in the fuel system?

BMR Tech

Sounds about right. I made similar power (slightly more) on 1 psi more boost, and 14 degrees.

I am also swapping to E85 very soon. Fuel system just got here today.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Nice numbers :) .... My TVS E-85 numbers in my sig!! The Corn is the way to go :D ... should see a big pick-up ~ you may need bigger injectors though!

I'll be heading back to a re-tune with my new Bassani headers soon!

asierra1

Established Member
Great numbers!! What was your fuel issue you were having before your tune? Was it tune related or something in the fuel system?

The fuel system issue was one of the tank vents wasn't venting properly, and the build up of pressure in the tank restricted flow.

E85 numbers are going to be awesome. Total kill mode.

Big thanks to James Hellerman (cobra engineering) for the blower, and being a great guy to deal with. His service is outstanding

03cobrajc

Established Member
thanks i was curious cause at 5100rpm i was making 580 so I was curious to see how much more it pulls towards the end. I was figuring around 610-615

SVTDice

Established Member
Heat soaked you say? Did you log on how hot these blowers run? And what kind of temp's did you dyno it in. Great numbers by the way! Enjoy your new found power.

asierra1

Established Member
It was a 97 degree day in Texas. I didn't get a chance to check the temps, but the second graph is from a pull with only five minutes between it and the previous pull. It was solely a back up run.

SVTDice

Established Member
Those are some fantastic numbers for such a hot day. Get some E85 in there and you'll be happy you did!

asierra1

Established Member
Oh ya it's coming. Needed to get some work done before the car could be tuned, so money ran too low for my liking. E85 tune will be scheduled in the coming weeks. I'll def post up the numbers

86mudstang

Established Member
Awesome numbers...as soon as I get my gt500 tb bolts from VMP I'll be taking mine up to HPP for a dyno also.

Users who are viewing this thread