TVS install HELP

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Driver side sensor bracket off of the Eaton does not mount up to the TVS Blower and has lines and sensors on it. We need help with the install of the lines/sensors for the new TVS. Thanks!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Driver side sensor bracket off of the Eaton does not mount up to the TVS Blower and has lines and sensors on it. We need help with the install of the lines/sensors for the new TVS. Thanks!

The brackets and solenoids go away as does the EGR valve
The lower port on the back of the blower is vacuum/boost. You will use that for the FRPS, BBV and boost guage.
The upper port is vacuum. You will use that for the AC cut off line and the other is for the fuel evap.
The center port is for the PCV line.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

This is the info I rec'd from the shop.

All vacuum lines do not get re-used.
1 Vac line from the side of cold air intake will hook to the lower port on the Bypass Valve
1 Boost line will run to the bottom port on the back of the TVS
1 Vac line from the top port on back of the TVS to the top port on the Bypass Valve
1 Vac line will go from the lower port on the back of the TVS to the fuel pressure sensor
1 Vac line from the top port of TVS hooks up to Evap and AC Vacuum connection
The additional unused line in the nipple that hooks to the top port on back of TVS gets removed and plugged.
All other un used lines for EGR lines which i believe are all green in color can be removed along with any other unused lines.

I left my charger at work Fri and had a dead cell phone.
If pics would help further I can take some tonight with my charged phone.

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
This is the info I rec'd from the shop.

All vacuum lines do not get re-used.
1 Vac line from the side of cold air intake will hook to the lower port on the Bypass Valve
1 Boost line will run to the bottom port on the back of the TVS
1 Vac line from the top port on back of the TVS to the top port on the Bypass Valve
1 Vac line will go from the lower port on the back of the TVS to the fuel pressure sensor
1 Vac line from the top port of TVS hooks up to Evap and AC Vacuum connection
The additional unused line in the nipple that hooks to the top port on back of TVS gets removed and plugged.
All other un used lines for EGR lines which i believe are all green in color can be removed along with any other unused lines.

I left my charger at work Fri and had a dead cell phone.
If pics would help further I can take some tonight with my charged phone.

Ya some pics would def help man. Think it's all ok now but what do you do with that boost dump vale? Where. Do you mount it at? Thanks again for all your help.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Ya some pics would def help man. Think it's all ok now but what do you do with that boost dump vale? Where. Do you mount it at? Thanks again for all your help.

All the valves/solenoids that are bolted to the bracket are not reused.
The boost bypass valve is supplied with and already installed on the VMP TVS.
You hook up a boost/vac line from the lower rear port of the blower to the front nipple of the BBV. The nipple on the lower rear of the BBV needs to be left open.
I'll take some pics now.

Edit: I hope these help.

photo7_zps4c31b000.jpg

photo6_zps3238bd44.jpg

photo5_zps0ce5a003.jpg

photo2-1_zpsc1a20d53.jpg

photo4-1_zps16178fa5.jpg

photo3-1_zps031c2a78.jpg

photo1-3_zps092a6f1f.jpg

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Or you could just do a little research and in the "how to" section there is a whole write up on how to remove all the EGR system .. "EGR Delete how to"

You should do more research before posting unfriendly repsonses like this.
The EGR delte thread would only help a small amount.
This was an intall of a VMP TVS which requires reorganizing the vacuum lines to fit the new blower.

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Or you could just do a little research and in the "how to" section there is a whole write up on how to remove all the EGR system .. "EGR Delete how to"

I researched for at least 2 hours bub! It's for a TVS install.... The egr was cake! And by the way no one has anything on TVS install and what to DELETE! But thanks

TRBO VNM

If it isn't too late, put some flat and lock washers on the 4 bolts from the plenum to the tbody. I haven't had an issue until today. I torq'ed them down good and all 4 backed out for some reason. So from now on I am buying washers and lock washers for them when I get SS intercooler hardware and I will be using loctite. I can't believe they backed out. I had them very tight. I am definitely not too happy about it. Makes no sense.

CGCobra

Established Member
You should do more research before posting unfriendly repsonses like this.
The EGR delte thread would only help a small amount.
This was an intall of a VMP TVS which requires reorganizing the vacuum lines to fit the new blower.

Did not mean to come off unfriendly however that how to shows how to delete the EGR and remove all the vacuum lines that are connected to the side of the eaton .. this was the how to that you pointed me to when I was doing mine :beer:

I researched for at least 2 hours bub! It's for a TVS install.... The egr was cake! And by the way no one has anything on TVS install and what to DELETE! But thanks

I understand it was for a TVS I was able to read your title bub!

Just trying to help as it was the exact same how to that I used when I installed my TVS

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL at you guys jumping down CGCobra, when it's all the same thing on deleting it. The vacuum lines are going to go and function the same way regardless of the blower. Sure the blower doesn't look the same but it's the same concept.. Kinda like changing tires on a truck vise a car.. Just sayin'..

Hope you get it figured out.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Did not mean to come off unfriendly however that how to shows how to delete the EGR and remove all the vacuum lines that are connected to the side of the eaton .. this was the how to that you pointed me to when I was doing mine :beer:

I understand it was for a TVS I was able to read your title bub!

Just trying to help as it was the exact same how to that I used when I installed my TVS

It's all good Jamie. Some people need additional assistance and want to be absolutely sure things are plumbed correctly and get nervous about messing things up.
We do need to do a complete pictorial with instructions about the vacuum line routing. This will be done in the near future.:beer:

LOL at you guys jumping down CGCobra, when it's all the same thing on deleting it. The vacuum lines are going to go and function the same way regardless of the blower. Sure the blower doesn't look the same but it's the same concept.. Kinda like changing tires on a truck vise a car.. Just sayin'..

Hope you get it figured out.

Jamie(CGCobra) is good people.
I wasn't trying to jump down on him.
A customer was a bit nervous about the line routing and I was making sure it was done correctly and he was comfortable with the install.:)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It's all good Jamie. Some people need additional assistance and want to be absolutely sure things are plumbed correctly and get nervous about messing things up.
We do need to do a complete pictorial with instructions about the vacuum line routing. This will be done in the near future.:beer:

Jamie(CGCobra) is good people.
I wasn't trying to jump down on him.
A customer was a bit nervous about the line routing and I was making sure it was done correctly and he was comfortable with the install.:)

Yea I know he lives 2miles from me lol. I know that a lot of people are new to doing work on these cars and nervous about messing it up. I think that like you stated doing a complete pictorial w/ instructions would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread