Turbo's from Eaton (weight?)

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I looked around the forum and could not see mention of what weight difference one could expect going from the roots setup to a twin / single Turbo?

Anyone know?

2004Serpent

Established Member
I would assume the turbo kit would be lighter due to the fact that they involve getting coilovers and a new tubular K member which helps lose most of the weight.

TRBO VNM

stango said:
The weight differenece I assume would be irrelevant.

I would say the same. might be a little, but nothing luck hundreds of pounds. if you get 50lb less out of it I think you are doing good. although I am heading to the track tomorrow and should weigh it. before with the eaton and me it was like 3800 or a little more.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
stango said:
The weight differenece I assume would be irrelevant.

Ditto,

It is a hell of a lot of pipes. Single setup will weigh less by 20-30lbs than my twin setup though.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
postban said:
Ditto,

It is a hell of a lot of pipes. Single setup will weigh less by 20-30lbs than my twin setup though.

true postban,
sullivan helps to reduce the wieght a little... its light as sh*t!

TRBO VNM

weighed my car this past weekend and it was about 3810-3830 with me in it. what do some stock cars weigh?

BTW, I weigh about 180 average.

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
i know that last year at wfc my car weighed 3720 with me in it and a half tank of gas. then i put a set of bogarts on and weighed in at 3625. i weigh about 210.

Nate

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
HellionCobra said:
i know that last year at wfc my car weighed 3720 with me in it and a half tank of gas. then i put a set of bogarts on and weighed in at 3625. i weigh about 210.

Nate

That is a good weight for a Cobra. Even 3720 with 210lbs. is not bad. What have you done to drop weight on the car?

Cobrastruk04

ide say its pretty close to an even trade. maybe about 30-40 pounds less for my hellin kit. The K member i think is what made the weight difference. stock vs. Granitelli nice difference. all the piping, upper lower, turbo even out for the eaton and lower intake. and all the pulleys you take off. IMO
Dev

Users who are viewing this thread