turbod cobra in NEED OF TUNE.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Would it be crazy to ask someone from the SHOW US YOUR MUSTANG group that would be able to tune my car and maybe willing to teach me a little bit on the rhe software.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sc...re-only.html?gclid=CKrVve2Y68QCFQqEfgodam0AzA
My car has been in my possession since May 2009.
Write Cobra. Always wanted one after getting to know Mr. Mike Ford from work. He drove a terminator cobra that made around 440hp. He even has the Cobra emblem tattood on his shoulder.
I've been screwed over about 3 times since i went turbo with dirty mechanics who stole my stuff or ruined things. Worst luck ever.
The car has never been tuned properly since being converted to a 3 speed th400. The last time i paid for a dyno i paid $500 and left with a receipt saying " needs wastegate " took 3 hours to know this

Im looking for someone that is looking to help a good guy who needs a proper tune. And a break. ...

Looking for help In the northern Californian area. Maybe Oregon Washington.

If you wanna know more. Just ask.

It's been over a year since the new turbo upgrade.
:(
The last tuner in Washington put it on 4 degrees of timing and I've been getting 9mpg. And it's a SLUG.
If any sponsors would be willing to send a great tuner I'd love to put your sticker or logo on the car also.
This car is ready to make power. New wastegate was installed long time ago. Old one was still good but needed tightened is all.
Been on medical leave since last sep and cant work on the car.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...03256&refsrc=https://m.facebook.com/video.php

cj428mach

Established Member
I would suggest buying the PRP package from Don Lasota he is very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Thank you . Really hoping I can find someone to give me a hand and or just . I need a break.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Daron, if you're not comfortable tuning the car yourself, why not try a remote tune with a reputable tuner?

Also, and I'm not trying to be harsh, but I don't think you're gonna find someone who's going to do it for free. There's plenty of free advice and information out there if you choose the PRP route, but getting Bob Kurgan to give you a charity tune might be pushing it.

I say get the PRP stuff as mentioned above, and don't look back.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
I know its crazy. I do charity constantly for to others and Im sure most of the good people on here do too. I've been taken advantage of so many times you guys would not even believe me. So me thinking it would be nice if bob kurgan could do a "charity tune" as you call it. ya I think its not that big of a deal. Does bob really need that money that bad. No i think he would rather have another fan and have someone like me being able to race locally and tell them . I got a tune from Bob Kurgan. . I'm sure hes to busy. But hey, i can wish.

stang910

Established Member
I've been in Daron's shoes before and it sucks. 2 different cars and 2 different local tuners and I didn't care for either of the tunes. $750 down the drain. One of those cars also had 2 different "reputable" email tuners tune the car. One tuner I never really gave a chance to dial the car in cause it took over a week to get a response (driveability sucked, but made good power) and the other tuner got the car to drive great, but the power the car was putting down was pathetic. I eventually sold that car out of frustration.

It doesn't take too many times of spending $250-$500 per tune to give up trying to find someone that can tune a simple combo. In my case I even traveled a couple hours and took a day off work to have a dyno tune. No Daron shouldn't EXPECT anyone to help him out, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
So Darin has two threads here for the same problem.
I posted 3 different shops in his area , that have a dyno and fab shop, with excellent feed back .

Seems there is more to this charity case than we are being told .

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Stang910 you truly understand the struggle. Ashley just goes onto google and searches tuners in my area. Like I don't already know.... Thanks again for helping me out Stang!

Users who are viewing this thread