• Supercharge it.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Add a Nitrous kit.

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
its not really hate...hate is a strong word, more like a dislike. chevy doesn't do a v6 me too vette. i just think ford should ditch it. no offense.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
First of all, if you are concerned about gas milage at all, don't mofify the car at all. To make more power an internal combustion engine requires more FUEL + AIR + SPARK. If you MUST stay with the V6 Go to http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0 This is the Do it yourself section. Alot of guys (including V6 guys) have made their own kits from a pair of flipped shorties and some piping. If you have any DECENT welding skills, or better yet know someone who can weld, you can build your own complete kit for less than $ 2,000.00 including turbo, intercooler, piping, etc.... No other power adder makes more power period. Once it is installed and tuned, you should NEVER EVER have to mess with it. There alot of guys making upwards of 400 RWHP on a stock V6 Block. If it were up to me, i would sell the V6 and get a V8 Fox body (1986-1993) and slap a turbo kit on it. You will not make more power for less money than you can on these cars. They are cheap, the parts are plentiful and there are 100s of posts showing how to make a turbo kit for these cars.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
NinetySixSVT said:
I'd rather have the Cobra.

THink of it this way. I'd rather have a stock Viper SRT-10 then a Whippled 04 Cobra...at the end of the day, you take home a Viper instead of a Mustang.

Same thing applies. At the end of the day, I would rather take home a slightly slower Cobra then a V6 Mustang.

Yea but it would be embarassing to your your ass handed to you by a mustang :-D

cuban3jumper

Established Member
BostonStrangler said:
its not really hate...hate is a strong word, more like a dislike. chevy doesn't do a v6 me too vette. i just think ford should ditch it. no offense.

Totally agree I mean that totally worked for the Camaro and Firebird programs for GM didn't it. If Ford didn't make the "me too" mustang as you call it there would be no mustang. Realize that most Mustangs sold are not SVT vehicles in fact they aren't even V8's. The V6 mustang keeps the entire line alive as far as a business success, you think Ford keeps making cars just because they like them? LOL I don't think so.

cuban3jumper

Established Member
NinetySixSVT said:
it's not all about speed...prestige plays a big role too.

What prestige? We're talking about Cobras here right? It's not like they only made 20 of them. Sure a smaller number of people own them and Ford made less of them, but that's a weak argument. Especially in the community we are apart of. Why not get a Saleen S351 or Roush S3 in that case?

Cobra owners seem to imagine this prestige. I think they're awesome cars don't get me wrong but I don't whip out a camera everytime I see a cobra. Give me a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, exotic Porsche; that's prestige.

aboss

sweetcars.com Guy
Established Member
keep it fast

you should def mod it as much as you can, no point in having a car like that if you cant cruise past, every car in your city

spike_africa

Established Member
01trublue cobra said:
News flash!!!! Your gas mileage isn't going to get better with a poweradder. In fact with a power adder your mileage will be worse than a V8 car. Also a stock NA V8 and stock V6 has close to the same gas mileage. Think about it its the same chasis, but the V8 doesn't have to work as har as the V6 to move it.

"I have a late breaking news announcment" a more effcient car gets better mpg. My freinds 94 with a 00v6 swap that i did gets 3mpg better in the city since he added a TT kit to his v6 car. Other then that your correct.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
cuban3jumper said:
What prestige? We're talking about Cobras here right? It's not like they only made 20 of them. Sure a smaller number of people own them and Ford made less of them, but that's a weak argument. Especially in the community we are apart of. Why not get a Saleen S351 or Roush S3 in that case?

Cobra owners seem to imagine this prestige. I think they're awesome cars don't get me wrong but I don't whip out a camera everytime I see a cobra. Give me a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, exotic Porsche; that's prestige.

While the Cobra doesn't hold nearly the same prestige as a Lambo and such, it certainly holds a considerable amount of prestige lined up next to a v6 mustang.

If you owned one, you'd understand. I get people making compliments about my car at every other stoplight, pulling up next to me and goosing it trying to get me to take off, and the like. It's not uncommon to look over and see people checking my car out, giving me a thumbs up, nodding, etc etc etc

TurboV6stang

Do be disrespecting the V6 Stang. The stock V6 block and crank will hold more horsepower and torque than the stock 302 5.0 block. I've owned all the above: several 5.0's, several '03-04 Cobras, several '99-01 Cobras, a '96 Cobra and of course the V6 Stang. I used to feel the same way about V6's until I bought a V6 and decided to throw a turbo kit on it. Single turbo kit, 13" Brembos upfront, 8.8 31spline in the back and less than $10k total out of pocket (including car) and almost 400rwhp/400rwtq at only 10psi. Best of all I don't have to worry about belt slip, filling a bottle, or outrageous insurance premiums...

:pepper:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread