Turbo vs Supercharger

What kind of build/mods are you planning?

• Total voters

XtremeS10

Established Member
Ok so this is a poll and kinda a thread to help guide my decisions. I don't really offroad my vehicle but I understand the premise of have a turbo for the off road aspect over having a heat soaking supercharger. That said, I want a low 12 second maybe even 11 second raptor that I can daily drive. So this is what I am mulling over:

Bore/stroke to 427 or 460 and run NA

or

Whipple charger
Headers
Cams
Possibly Bore/stroke

or

Big single turbo
possibly bore/stroke
possibly cams

What are you guys planning if anything??

XtremeS10

Established Member
Bore stroke to 7.5 or 8.0. You can get 700+ hp crank n/a out of it no problem!

Whats the cost of something like this? Are there parts out there for it? Can you get another block and assemble something outside the truck so there's not much down time?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If you dont have the resources then dont do it. It will probably take 10k+ cash and could take up to a month.

Your looking at the same time frame and finances with a turbo set up.

Here is what I would do....call Greg Foutz(builder of the raptor r), Tell him you are looking to take your raptor to the next level. You want the look of the R(small lift, the right way), cam, ported heads, and long tube headers. Get a price quote, and ask him if you can order the parts through him and have a local guy do the install.
Foutz Motorsports - Off-Road Racing

The stance of the raptor r with 500hp to ground n/a!:rockon:

XtremeS10

Established Member
I say keep it N/A.

I'm seeing this, I had a CAI on it, and was told it was good for 11rwhp, here I find out with a tune I could see 30+rwhp, a set of headers could be another 45rwhp, and if I did a ported head, an aggresive cam, and upped the compression, I could be at 500rwhp easily. Problem is finding a custom cam grind to work with stock springs, or finding springs to work...

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
You just cant keep things stock can you! hahahaha (its ok, I suffer the same sickness)

slynch68

Established Member
Biggest you can go with the 6.2 is 400ci. Give Livernois Motorsports a call and they can set you up. They just built a twin turbo 400ci Raptor. Youtube it. 1000hp...That would probably get you into the 11's.

Heads already flow great and not worth the $1K port job to get another 20cfm. Livernois is testing Raptor R cams but having problems with piston/valve clearance. Whipple is taking their sweet time with their s/c but are making progress as the intake manifold is cast and they are testing the s/c on an actual raptor right now. Good luck

TorchMach

Established Member
I would go N/A if your going to spend sometime in the desert. I would think that's the reason all pre runners and trophy trucks go N/A..

Users who are viewing this thread