Turbo Vs Centri Vs Roots

WastedGate

Established Member
yea I definately can do that but then just with the cost of doign a tranny swap I start to enter 03-04 cobra prices

JP_Stang

Established Member
I actually did the same thing, swapped a viper spec T56 in my 96 Cobra. I hear ya on the T56! I love being able to run 4.10's and still only turn 2000rpm on the highway.

Blackedout

Established Member
IMO it's all about having the right combo so everything works together... I went with F1-A on mine with an auto pushing over 700+ on E-85 ... exactly what I was looking for the car to do..

01yellercobra

Established Member
yea I definately can do that but then just with the cost of doign a tranny swap I start to enter 03-04 cobra prices

Depends on if you buy everything brand new or shop around for some used pieces. I picked up my T-56 for about $1000 less then a Promotion built 3650.

IMO it's all about having the right combo so everything works together... I went with F1-A on mine with an auto pushing over 700+ on E-85 ... exactly what I was looking for the car to do..

Very true. It's why I built my motor the way I did. I wanted it to work with the centri set up.

02blownGT

Established Member
what would you have to do to a centri unit, besides a wastegate, to see boost lower in the powerband?
Get a smaller pulley and a unit with a better step up ratio,but it will never work like a roots/TS.Its just a different animal.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
Get a smaller pulley and a unit with a better step up ratio,but it will never work like a roots/TS.Its just a different animal.

obviously its a different set up. Would you be looking for a higher step up gear ratio (numerically) i.e. 5.20>3.75... Does higher compression allow you to see boost sooner?

Users who are viewing this thread