Turbo torque?

cohhbra

Established Member
A couple years from now I want to turbo with my cobra and so I'm just starting to do research on them. I realize that more power is capable with twins, but do the twins or a single make more torque, or is there not really much of a difference?

Regardless, with either I plan on running a small shot of nitrous down low when I'm racing. I also just happen to like the idea of my car having two forms of forced induction.

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
My recommendation would be Twin 57's. They top out around 800rwhp or so which is more than most people ever go for and there is very little to no lag. Trust me the nitrous shot is not necessary, get a 2step for drag racing and brake boost for rollracing if that's what you're into...

I roll-raced a GT500 putting down 700+ rwhp (KB 2.8H and race fuel) on the highway when I was running 15psi (which for me is about 650rwhp, was only running 91 octane) and WITHOUT me brake boosting he never pulled anything on at the beginning of the race and I pulled away very slightly up unril the top of 4th. I just hope you understand that people (mostly the s/c crowd :p) extremely over-exaggerate lag. I do believe the single 76mm turbo setup suffers from a bit more lag though..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
My recommendation would be Twin 57's. They top out around 800rwhp or so which is more than most people ever go for and there is very little to no lag. Trust me the nitrous shot is not necessary, get a 2step for drag racing and brake boost for rollracing if that's what you're into...

I roll-raced a GT500 putting down 700+ rwhp (KB 2.8H and race fuel) on the highway when I was running 15psi (which for me is about 650rwhp, was only running 91 octane) and WITHOUT me brake boosting he never pulled anything on at the beginning of the race and I pulled away very slightly up unril the top of 4th. I just hope you understand that people (mostly the s/c crowd :p) extremely over-exaggerate lag. I do believe the single 76mm turbo setup suffers from a bit more lag though..

Yup twin 57's would work good. I have a single 76 and if your rpms are up around 4k there really isn't any lag if you just punch it. If you brake boost there is none at all. Now for dead stop dig races you will need a 2 step or auto. Or you could just rev the piss out of it and drop the clutch... Any of the 3 will work. lol It is really up to you and how much power you want. If you want over 800rwhp I'd go with twins. if you want 800 or less get a single 76 or something a little bigger. I can hit full boost around 4k maybe a little bit after but from 3k up it starts pulling hard as hell. I'm about to put an auto in my car this week so we'll see what it does now that the auto is in it.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
A couple years from now I want to turbo with my cobra and so I'm just starting to do research on them. I realize that more power is capable with twins, but do the twins or a single make more torque, or is there not really much of a difference?

Regardless, with either I plan on running a small shot of nitrous down low when I'm racing. I also just happen to like the idea of my car having two forms of forced induction.

Its really hard to say which will make more TQ. There are so many different variables, turbo sizes, exhaust housing sizes etc. My 76 Precision made over 800ftlbs of TQ around 24psi when I ran a smaller turbo housing. When I went to a larger housing, peak TQ dropped, but my overall power curve was better and carried further.

Users who are viewing this thread