Turbo Setups...

S P E E D

Established Member
How many of you guys are running turbo setups? What kind of numbers are you laying out and what are your motor specs. Lets see some pics too!

I am debating building one over the winter and would like to get some ideas :rockon: I have an a hybrid 76/88MM sitting in the garage I am gonna use.

Jarrett H

Established Member
610rwhp/635rwtq 15psi, 12 degrees timing 93 pump. Heads, turbo cams, forged h beam rods, dish pistons 8.5:1. Precision 76mm .96 A/R

S P E E D

Established Member
610rwhp/635rwtq 15psi, 12 degrees timing 93 pump. Heads, turbo cams, forged h beam rods, dish pistons 8.5:1. Precision 76mm .96 A/R

Have you hit the track on that setup on a tire?

Looks like a reliable setup too :beer: I'm shooting for something like this for a winter project. The truck is coming off the road for the winter in a few weeks. Gonna start mocking up the turbo, manifolds etc..

What kind of power are the stock head good to? I'm definitely going to forge the bottom end. :rolling:

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
I cant remember his s/n on here but there was one turbo'd L making 992rwhp. Maybe he'll chime in soon, or someone here has a better memory then I do, he'd be the one I'd talk to about turbo setups.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I cant remember his s/n on here but there was one turbo'd L making 992rwhp. Maybe he'll chime in soon, or someone here has a better memory then I do, he'd be the one I'd talk to about turbo setups.

That would be Sinister and PSI did the work.

Jarrett H

Established Member
Have you hit the track on that setup on a tire?

Looks like a reliable setup too :beer: I'm shooting for something like this for a winter project. The truck is coming off the road for the winter in a few weeks. Gonna start mocking up the turbo, manifolds etc..

What kind of power are the stock head good to? I'm definitely going to forge the bottom end. :rolling:

Took it to the track once this year for hangover fest. 22 degrees outside, no track prep. At the time I was on 22's, quarter throttle till about the 3/4 mark the wot. Managed to do a couple mid 13s at 115+

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That would be Sinister and PSI did the work.

:rolling:

I'm running a Precision GT47-88 turbo and Precision 1500hp water-air intercooler. The intercooler is modified to be my intake. The engine is a JDM built engine with Manley rods and pistons, along with off the shelf JDM ported heads and Stage II blower cams. Custom built stainless headers and piping. BTS tranny, custom PI 3500 stall torque converter. Pretty much everything has been modified or replaced. It made 718rwhp on the street tune, 993rwhp on the race tune.

I have a ton of pics of the build, here are a few:

Turbo6.jpg

Turbo13.jpg

Turbo23.jpg

Turbo27.jpg

TF21.jpg

TF22.jpg

Scott927

My Addiction.
Established Member

I'm running a Precision GT47-88 turbo and Precision 1500hp water-air intercooler. The intercooler is modified to be my intake. The engine is a JDM built engine with Manley rods and pistons, along with off the shelf JDM ported heads and Stage II blower cams. Custom built stainless headers and piping. BTS tranny, custom PI 3500 stall torque converter. Pretty much everything has been modified or replaced. It made 718rwhp on the street tune, 993rwhp on the race tune.

holy crap man thats sexy lol

S P E E D

Established Member

That's one HELLUVA Setup man! :banana: Now my next question is....How in the hell do you keep tires on that rocket? :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread