Turbo Porsche Skinned an 03/04 Cobra on Corbin

996TTx50

Established Member
I ran into a member of this forum Friday night on Corbin in the San Fernando Valley driving a beautiful white 03/04 Cobra with a chip and exhaust (the car sounded awesome). I was driving a modded 996TT. The owner was very cool and, in his own words, he is "always up for a race," so race we did. We went twice from a roll and once from a light. I waxed him all three times by numerous cars.

If you read this post, thanks for the races. :beer:

996TTx50

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Being waxed by a modded 996TT doesn't surprise me. It would be expected. Now let's see a nicely modded Cobra pull alongside. :)

DEADEYE

Banned
Originally posted by CobraBob
Being waxed by a modded 996TT doesn't surprise me. It would be expected. Now let's see a nicely modded Cobra pull alongside. :)

I don't think even a Kb Cobra would stand a chance against his car! :burnout:

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Originally posted by DEADEYE
I don't think even a Kb Cobra would stand a chance against his car! :burnout:
I disagree!!A guy at local track here runs 10's with a KB setup. :rockon:

jasil

Established Member
First of all your talking at the track with VHT and the works, lowered tire pressure, etc.

It is common knowledge if you frequent the Porsche forums enough that a 996tt with bolt ons will consistantly run 10.8-11.2@125-129mph.

You can believe what you want, but with awd most cobra's even if they run the time at the track would have a hard time on the street.

From a roll a KB would be a solid match though.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Originally posted by 996TTx50
I ran into a member of this forum Friday night on Corbin in the San Fernando Valley driving a beautiful white 03/04 Cobra with a chip and exhaust (the car sounded awesome). I was driving a modded 996TT. The owner was very cool and, in his own words, he is "always up for a race," so race we did. We went twice from a roll and once from a light. I waxed him all three times by numerous cars.

If you read this post, thanks for the races. :beer:

996TTx50

Come to my area and me and my buddy will bring the pain all day.:coolman:

:rockon:

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
nice runs

what numbers are you seeing 996TT?
I have never dynoed my car. Based upon what others with similar mods are dynoing, I should currently be in the neighborhood of 600 awhp, but that is just an estimate (which ain't worth the computer screen its written on).

996TTx50

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I see that you're in the SFV. Let me know if and when you want to line up.

996TTx50

come out to LACR on 09/19/04. its a mustang day, but they do run a Time Only Lane. if ur willing to go, id bet i can get a pretty fast 03 Cobra to run against u.

EatonMe

Re: Re: Turbo Porsche Skinned an 03/04 Cobra on Corbin

Originally posted by steeda1982
Come to my area and me and my buddy will bring the pain all day.:coolman:

With 456hp you're not bringing him any pain - just an easy target.

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by 87fcoupe
I disagree!!A guy at local track here runs 10's with a KB setup. :rockon:
Ive only raced one KB 03 Cobra . . . . 600 hp at the wheels . . . he is a member here (Vindication). His sig lists his mods as follows:

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra #44/8394 Black Coupe
Go fast Mods: KB @17 pounds, 55 # injectors, JBA Shorties, H pipe (no cats), Bassani Cat Back, 9 inch filter, 100mm Metco Ider, Accufab TB, Gords HE, Fuel Rails, Walbro 255 Pumps, -8 Line, Mcleod Twin Disk, 26 spline input shaft, Head cooling mod. Brembo Brake Kit.
Looks:
Eibach Pro kit,Steeda Camber Plates.
01 Cobra Tails, 01 Cobra Bumper
18" 845 HRE's with Brushed Aluminum finish

We went three times from a roll. I beat him all three times (and I was using slower turbos and less boost).

BYW, Vindication is a very cool guy!

996TTx50

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by steeda1982
Like i said i want some, got a 2.2 KB with 100 shot.....:)
Your sig lists your hp at 456. Therefore, I assume the 2.2 KB with a 100 shot ain't your car.

From what little I know, I'm guessing that a 2.2 KB with a 100 shot, slicked down and well driven, would take me. Nevertheless, I'm willing to line up with such a car and get whipped.

996TTx50

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
come out to LACR on 09/19/04. its a mustang day, but they do run a Time Only Lane. if ur willing to go, id bet i can get a pretty fast 03 Cobra to run against u.
Thanks for the invite!!! I plan to bring my car to a 1/4 mile track one of these days, but probably not LACR as I don't want to get bummed out at the high altitude high ETs. Moreover, Im booked on Sept 19.

For the record, Cobras have far more upside than my lowly 6 cylinders and there are plenty of modded 03 Cobras that would hand me my ass. X2C Motorsports has a turbo kit and, from what I hear, such cars are capable of high 9s. I ain't running high 9s. Moreover, the 2.2 KB with a 100 shot, properly tunned and slicked down, is probably running low 10s. I doubt I am running low 10s. So, I am confident that, at the September 19 LACR event, their will be more than one Cobra present that would leave me in its fumes. Cobras are awesome!

996TTx50

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Thanks for the invite!!! I plan to bring my car to a 1/4 mile track one of these days, but probably not LACR as I don't want to get bummed out at the high altitude high ETs. Moreover, Im booked on Sept 19.

For the record, Cobras have far more upside than my lowly 6 cylinders and there are plenty of modded 03 Cobras that would hand me my ass. X2C Motorsports has a turbo kit and, from what I hear, such cars are capable of high 9s. I ain't running high 9s. Moreover, the 2.2 KB with a 100 shot, properly tunned and slicked down, is probably running low 10s. I seriously doubt I am running low 10s. So, I am confident that, at the September 19 LACR event, their will be more than one Cobra present that would leave me in its fumes. Cobras are awesome!

996TTx50

oh man, not another girly dude :p

seriously, the Altitude only effects ur ET by .3 to .4 dependent on forced fed or NA cars....also as for the D.A. dealio, alot of wacky talk unless the heat of the day is 100F ur only gonna be slower by .05 to .15 of ur best cool day run.

x2c rides does low 9.4 uncorrected, but we also got a 2nd gen lightning that will do 10.8 and a 03 Cobra with an Eaton / Spray thats trying to break the 11.3xx marker.

doesnt have to be on the 19th of this month but any time u just want to run & hang out in the pits....im sure we would love to see that ur crazy ride of urs.

996TTx50

Established Member
x2c rides does low 9.4 uncorrected, but we also got a 2nd gen lightning that will do 10.8 and a 03 Cobra with an Eaton / Spray thats trying to break the 11.3xx marker.

9.4 uncorrected ... now THATS a fast Cobra. I think I know the Lightening you are talking about . . . . if its the one Im thinking of, I watched it ventilate an engine about 6 mos ago.

doesnt have to be on the 19th of this month but any time u just want to run & hang out in the pits....im sure we would love to see that ur crazy ride of urs.

Thanks . . . I willl definitely take you up on that offer!

996TTx50

Users who are viewing this thread