Turbo Hayabusa VS Supra & Cobra VS Supra

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
damn.. if the Supra pulled on the turbo Hayabusa(which should be atleast a 9 sec bike) and the Cobra was pulling on the Supra.. :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
yea but look at those two chaser cars...they werent far behind at all....that means all four cars could beat the bike...I DONT THINK SO!

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
The Supras in each vid were different the one which raced the cobra (my car) is a Full BPU W/ 20+lbs of boost. The other was a high 8 sec car.

Indykid

Established Member
702lightning said:
The Supras in each vid were different the one which raced the cobra (my car) is a Full BPU W/ 20+lbs of boost. The other was a high 8 sec car.

What type of fuel was the supra on?

R1Lello

Established Member
:bored:

I'm agreeing with 04TRCobra............

A good/pro rider makes a stock busa a high 9 sec bike at 140-142 mph trap speed. Busa's with a mild boost turbo kit (5-6 lbs) goes from stock 158 rwhp to 250-260 rwhp. A company up here (Dr. Turbo in Orangeville) builds them all the time, and I spoke to him after I watch a street ridin turbo busa being dyno'd at a sport bike rally. This thing made 370 at the rear wheel !! My guess is that busa in the video was a stocky. sorry, it just didn't seem to pull that hard. Many videos on the web of turbo busa's, do a search and you'll agree after watching one from a video at the triple tree mounted camera watching the boost gauge and you'll see. Scary fast !!!

Last edited:

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
R1Lello said:

A good/pro rider makes a stock busa a high 9 sec bike at 140-142 mph trap speed. Busa's with a mild boost turbo kit (5-6 lbs) goes from stock 158 rwhp to 250-260 rwhp. A company up here (Dr. Turbo in Orangeville) builds them all the time, and I spoke to him after I watch a street ridin turbo busa being dyno'd at a sport bike rally. This thing made 370 at the rear wheel !! My guess is that busa in the video was a stocky. sorry, it just didn't seem to pull that hard. Many videos on the web of turbo busa's, do a search and you'll agree after watching one from a video at the triple tree mounted camera watching the boost gauge and you'll see. Scary fast !!!

O ok. To bad I dnt have the vid the weekend before that when the turbo busa raced a stock one. Then the stock one raced the Supra. Whatever, the vid is the proof. The bike was @ 9psi next sunday or sometime there going to run again but the bike will be at 12+psi. The bike dyoned @ 258 on only 9psi but he did a few mods since then so roughly 280-300 on 9psi. Well also the reason the bike didnt seem to pull that hard is because we where on an over pass at least 15 feet above the race. Depth perception is a little different. ;-) But believe whatever you want. Also that supra will run in the 8's. Its on race gas also.

RadSRT4

R1Lello said:

Let me clear things up.

I was the cameraman filming the race, and if you go back to the first video entitled "sunday" you will see the turbo on the busa, i filmed it for at least 30 seconds.

the supra in question goes high 8's at the track, so what is not to believe that it could beat a busa from a roll?
This busa made 250~rwhp on 9psi, and the supra i'm sure makes over 1k. Next sunday, the busa is turning it up to 12pis in which he made over 300whp, and they are going to run agian, i will have that video also.

I'm just confused as to which part you dont believe, even with a video posted.

Will
WCMS
www.wcmotorsports.com :pop:

Y2K Roadster

Established Member
Very believable! A supra in the 8's will have no problem staying ahead of that Busa. One thing to also remember, a bike making that much power requires a lot of attention while racing...could he even use all of that power? I saw a dyno queen Busa crank out 496RWHP...but how much of that is he acutually going to be able to use??

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Y2K Roadster said:
Very believable! A supra in the 8's will have no problem staying ahead of that Busa. One thing to also remember, a bike making that much power requires a lot of attention while racing...could he even use all of that power? I saw a dyno queen Busa crank out 496RWHP...but how much of that is he acutually going to be able to use??

Take a stroll over to www.superkaos.com and I think you might get an idea partner. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread