Turbo for 94 Cobra

CPRsm

I wouldn't put a 70 on it. Turbine is too small for my taste. Borderline on a 302. The MP 76 seems to even spool a little faster with a bigger turbine than the 70. Half throttle transbrake at 3k was seeing 10 psi, no two step on a 349.

ballx4xlife

Established Member
I dont care what type of stroker kit you get.If you plan on running a stock block with a 76 your going to split it like a bad wig..Go with a smaller turbo for now it will spool allot quicker and the car will be more then a hand full

iim not planning on running much boost at all. ill probably run the lowest amount to try to avoid any splitting or cracking. You still think i have to worry if i run low boost? I dont want to go over the 450-500 hp range.

ballx4xlife

Established Member
well i just bought the kit from on3performance, upgraded to their 76mm ball bearding turbo for 450 bucks. total came out to be $20xx.xx. I didnt buy y-pipe, injectors, or fuel pump yet. They were really cool guys and helped me out a lot. He said itll ship out tomorrow morning and ill prob get it monday, which is super fast.Ill keep you guys posted on how this kit goes. I might start a new thread in the sn95 cobra section of the progress of my kit.

ballx4xlife

Established Member
I wouldn't put a 70 on it. Turbine is too small for my taste. Borderline on a 302. The MP 76 seems to even spool a little faster with a bigger turbine than the 70. Half throttle transbrake at 3k was seeing 10 psi, no two step on a 349.

How much horsepower am I lookin at at like 8, 12, and 16 pounds of boost? I'm just looking for an estimate. And also how much hp per pound of boost also?

1bad95

Established Member
cant wait to hear how you like it, i am def tihnking of getting the on3 kit later this year. your not too far away, if possible maybe meet up sometime?

CPRsm

B&G's kit usually sees about 400rwhp at 10 psi iirc and a 70mm on a stock engine. Maybe 450rwhp with 15psi. Head and cam change those numbers. I was doing 530rwhp on a 302 with no cooler.

04snakie

Established Member
Sounds like you going the right way with your set-up, but take everyone's advice and, just take your time putting all the parts together! Turbo set-up's are sick when done right, but rush you are looking at a future nightmare!! Good luck with your build, can't wait to see her when's she done!!:beer:

ballx4xlife

Established Member
cant wait to hear how you like it, i am def tihnking of getting the on3 kit later this year. your not too far away, if possible maybe meet up sometime?

Yeah sure, keep in touch, I'm currently a student at Penn State so I can only come home on the weekends to work on it so it might be a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread