Turbo Fairmont In-Car Action....

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

jleews6

Established Member
Its amazing what those motors are capable of for such short money.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That sounded sick, Mike...:rockon: Forgive my ignorance with LSx motors, but I do notice that a lot of guys go with the 5.3L and have great success making serious power with it. Is there any particular reason why...:shrug:

Turbosixx

Established Member
That sounded sick, Mike...:rockon: Forgive my ignorance with LSx motors, but I do notice that a lot of guys go with the 5.3L and have great success making serious power with it. Is there any particular reason why...:shrug:

Cheap, plentiful, and handle lots of power. 5.3's are known to go 300k miles.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

Like mentioned the price..DENMAH always post in the LS1tech forums. He gets them for like $150 bucks....and he always wants motor with 170k on them lol...

They are also iron block with a good stock CR...

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

They are basically bulletproof if you don't get greedy with boost and timing. You can make over a thousand HP on a stock block, stock rotating assembly. And, they are cheap and plentiful.

Has it gone to the track?

It has run a best of 9.95 @ 140.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread